Windows Vista Online Gaming not working with IE7or FireFox & Vista

Reaction score
Hi Guys
happywave.gif

Hope you can help.

I recently bought my Mum a laptop (Vista), she was using XP before, and all worked 100%. All she uses the computer for is online gaming through Yahoo gaming it is all free, but it keeps her happy, until she started to use the Vista computer.

1. login to yahoo, all ok

2. go to gaming, all ok

3. click on the game (draughts) and a new window opens, nothing happens, nothing appears, but in the progress bar it states that it is done.

She was using IE7 so I automatically put it done to it as I have uninstalled it as it temperamental.

I installed Firefox, installed the latest java and thought this would do the trick but not joy.

I then went to Tools / Options / Content and disabled the block pops no joy, I put in Yahoo Web site as an exception, no joy.

I then thought it could be the firewall and I disabled it just to test and still no joy.

I am beat and running out of ideas, I am using Vista as well and I have not came across this problem but then I don't do any gaming.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated
bowdown.gif
. I am starting to think this there is a really simple explanation for this, I am just to blind to see :confused:

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Thanks for the help, I have to admit with being so weary of IE7 I never bothered trying to fix the problem there, but I will try and I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again :thumb:

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just to let you know I reset IE7, and it worked for a while then stopped again. So I opened up a new account in Yahoo, my mum lost all her points but all is working well
nod.gif

So not sure what has went wrong, for the moment all is o.k so maybe it has something to do with yahoo settings.

Thanks for all your help. :thumb:

Ask a Question