on board sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi, I have a falcon northwest talon and for awhile the sound has been screwing up. My speakers are klipsch, pretty nice ones. I have a gig ram, an average nvidea graphics card, and a 120 gig hard drive. This is the problem: for months now the speaker would make this loud hissing, crackling sound right after I log on and right before my background pops up. If I turn the volume up or down, the hissing goes with it. I have tried different pairs of headphones and the result is the same. A weird thing is that sometimes if I leave it on for awhile having music playing or something, it will go away later in the day. Occasionally the computer will startup and the sound won't be occurring and it will be fine. Then once I start it up again later it will probably do it again. After that I have tried to restart it a few times to lose the hissing sound, but it will happen again and again. By the way, I have recently changed my graphics card from an ati radeon 9800 to a $60 nvidea, because my old one started having problems with distorting graphics and things. But the sound problem has occurred weeks before I installed that, and it hasn't really made a difference. Oh yea, and some times the crackling will stop if I am not doing anything, but then things like typing, mouse clicking, and other windows popping up will trigger the crackling. For example in typing, it might make a little crackle for each key I hit, and then stop when I stop typing. But you can only hear this when its not hissing like crazy (like after log on) Please help! Oh yea, i have on board sound.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Please keep to one thread, do not double post for the same problem.

user.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question