Old Redstore Comments

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've used Redstore a few times, good service, no complaints here.

Their prices are OK, but I can usually find stuff a little cheaper elsewhere.

Worth a look.

Reaction score
Re: Redstore

I have used Redstore for the first time. I ordered a Mustek scanner, which arrived very quickly... BUT the scanned images were terrible. A red line through the middle of every one and top and botton of each scanned photo was uneven, also the scanning of transparencies did not work.

Mustek Help (wonderful, real people) went through many things with me and said everything on my computer was as it should be, it was a faulty scanner. I had to return it to Redstore at my expense via Registered Post at their insistance. After I called them today I am told that it is with their engineers still and I will be sent a report about it.

I will let you know what star rating I give Redstore when I get my scanner and my postage money, £18.50, returned to me. If my money is not returned than the cost of the scanner is high.

Reaction score

The Lady

Further to my earlier comments - I received a replacement scanner some 2 weeks later but this was also faulty. Redstore arranged collection of the second faulty scanner on September 24th and promised I would get my money back. So far (October 27th) I have not received any money back and it is now impossible to contact them by telephone as the line is always engaged. I cannot give a star rating as, at the moment, there is no rating low enough!!!!! I will amend this comment when I receive my money back. Maybe Redstore can redeem themselves by answering my email - I will wait and see.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

Further to my earlier comment, I'd like to say now that Redstore must be the absolute worst online supplier ever.

They make ebuyer look like Harrods.

I returned a faulty motherboard a year or two ago, they returned it saying there was nothing up with it. There was, I sent it back. After two months of e-mailing, writing letters and phoning them, they eventually agreed it was faulty and refunded me the money less 20% for some reason or other.

So, I was 20% down on purchase price, plus about £8.00 postage (two returns) and it took three months.

I could not be bothered to pursue the matter further, I accepted my losses and vowed never ever to use them again.

Redstore verily sucketh a large one.

Reaction score

I had a reply to my email to Redstore. They had just (surprise, surprise) credited the refund price and postage to my credit card. Maybe they were wondering just what survey I said I was filling in concerning their attitude to customers. I am now waiting to see if the money is credited to my card.... I will post again when/if it is.

Reaction score

Just to say that Redstore have refunded my money - and the postage costs. I went and bought an Epson Perfection scanner, from a SHOP - yes a rea-life shop. It is great.

Reaction score
What happened to this Red Store. Do not use them.

I had used this Redstore for years and was a happy customer I got all my clients using Redstore, I should have been on commission.

They quite often didn’t deliver on time, usually because the was some minor hold on the order and rather than contacting the customer they wait until I phone up and complain to Redstore

However I will never ever use this Redstore again and I urge other not too, it’s a shame.

I had a power supply that was dead on arrival. Not a problem for it happens.

However the unhelpfulness and rudeness of communication from Redstore is inexcusable.

They kept sending me to an online RMA form which wasn’t integrated with Google checkout and unusable.

Eventual after 8 emails and a few weeks later got an RMA number.

They insisted that I must pay the return postage too them, they will not even refund this postage after the item is found to be faulty.

I really though they just do the sensible thing and credit my account for a future purchase. Not really worth the time and expense at 5 GBP postage to replace an 8 GBP part.

I’m just glad it wasn’t a valuable item.

Anyway my two penny’s worth.

An Ex Redstore customer.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Looks like Redstore are still trading....and it also seems they are still to be avoided.

Ask a Question