old e-mail address

gary hescott

my e-mail address is (e-mail address removed) and has been for about 1
year. but when i post a query on here, my old e-mail address
(garhescott@btinternet) seems to appear. why is this ?

David B.

First, bad move posting your email address. You need to go into your news
group account settings in Outlook Express and update your email address,
personally I stick a fake one in there.

Ron Badour

First of all, you should never post your real email address as the
newsgroups are scanned for addresses and you may get tons of spam or worse.
You should use your old email address since it is no longer used or make one
up such as: (e-mail address removed)

Since you are using OE6, I suspect that you did not change a setting for
your address. Click on Tools, Accounts, click the news tab, highlight the
news account if more than one and click properties. The email address that
you want displayed in posts is on the general tab.

--
Regards

Ron Badour
MS MVP Shell User

"gary hescott" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Tom [Pepper] Willett

When using a munged address, you should also make sure the domain name does
not exist, or spam/crap mail will go to their server.

noaddress.com is a domain that does exist.

:
: Since you are using OE6, I suspect that you did not change a setting for
: your address. Click on Tools, Accounts, click the news tab, highlight the
: news account if more than one and click properties. The email address
that
: you want displayed in posts is on the general tab.
:
: --
: Regards
:
: Ron Badour
: MS MVP Shell User
:
:
: "gary hescott" wrote in message
: : > my e-mail address is and has been for about 1 year. but when i post a
: > query on here, my old e-mail address (garhescott@btinternet) seems to
: > appear. why is this ?
: >
:
:

Ron Badour

For OP: And Tom is right; however, there is more advice that can be
offered. If you pick a munged address, you should check periodically to
insure someone has not come along behind you and established a domain name
that you have been using. I plead guilty of not checking :) Or, I may not
have checked when I created the address years ago.

For Tom: Noaddress.com--who woulda thunk? Thanks for the heads up, the
address has been changed.

For OP: My idea of leaving your old email address in OE would also generate
traffic to your old provider's mail server so that was a lousy idea. I did
not think about that when I opened mouth and inserted foot. You can check
out domain names here: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

Richard in AZ

Use the Mailinator.com address (any first name is useable).
I use "me @ Mailinator com" (without the spaces)
This is a valid domain where you can check any replies, but mailinator only
keeps messages for 5 days.
I never check my address, except when demonstrating it in computer classes,
so I don't care if it gets spammed.