Can't send e-mails

Bruffy

Can someone help? I can receive e-mails and send e-mails to people with the
e-mail address like mine (ntlworld.com), but not to other addresses e.g
aol.com. I get the message.
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Test', Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com',
Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 you are
not allowed to send mail to <*****@aol.com>', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bruffy" wrote in message
Can someone help? I can receive e-mails and send e-mails to people with the
e-mail address like mine (ntlworld.com), but not to other addresses e.g
aol.com. I get the message.
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Test', Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com',
Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 you are
not allowed to send mail to <*****@aol.com>', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being supplied
by NTL/Virgin Media? If you are sending while away from home, it is possible that
the smtp.ntlworld.com server doesn't allow usage from another network.
In that case, use webmail to send.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bruffy" wrote in message
Thanks Gary, but My server requires authentication option is already enabled.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

I've run out of ideas as to what else could cause that particular problem.
It is acting as though the "My server requires authentication" setting is not
enabled. Try deleting that mail account in Windows Mail, restart
Windows Mail then recreate the account. If still no improvement, call
your mail service provider for help.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bruffy" wrote in message
Hi, Yes it happens when my internet connection is supplied by NTL/Virgin Media.