Official: Alan Wake not coming to PC

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It was previously thought that the PC version of Alan Wake would be worked on after the release of its Xbox 360 version in May, but Microsoft has shattered hopes by confirming to Strategy Informer that Alan Wake will no longer be coming to PC.

"Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience "Alan Wake" was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive. Both Microsoft and Remedy have long histories in PC game development. This decision was about matching this specific game to the right platform." said a Microsoft spokesperson.

In july last year Markus Maki, head of development, said that they're focusing all their efforts on the 360 version, but will be making comments in regards to the PC at a later date. Although it now looks like this is confirmed as an Xbox 360 exclusive.
http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/6978/microsoft-alan-wake-will-no-longer-be-coming-to-the-pc

Bloody consoles....
:(

Reaction score
Aye so was Halo, they soon gave up because of the lost revenue. They knew they had to bring it out for PC

I know many people that use large 30+ screen with their PCs via HDMI so they are kidding themselves

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Gutting :( I was really hoping that this would be coming to the PC!

It doesn't need that much work to go from xbox 360 > PC, so I guess they want this as an exclusive title to entice people to buy it.

There are quite a few good games that are no longer making it to the PC. I hope that the PC remains a gaming platform for a long time to come, I just don't like console controllers as much for FPS games.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No it doesn't and Bioshock 2 is a prime example. it was a direct port, with little or no work does to the pc version.

Ask a Question