Offering Remote Assistance

G

I recently tried to Offer Remote Assistance to a laptop user, but after it identified the customers user name and I clicked on Connect a message appeared. "A Program could not start.Please Retry". Has anyone seen this before?
I checked the Group Policy settings on the laptop and all Remote Assistance settings are set corretly, and all Domain Admins are allowed to Offer Remote Assistance (of which I am a member).

Any help would be greatfully received.

G

I have seen this exact message as well. I am trying to send someone inside our firewall an email invite for assistance and get this message. I also have checked to make sure Remote Assistance is allowed in the Remote tab of System Properties. We have all patches installed for XP Pro SP1 also. Firewall software on all in-house computers is turned off. Any help would be appreciated

----- Chris wrote: ----

I recently tried to Offer Remote Assistance to a laptop user, but after it identified the customers user name and I clicked on Connect a message appeared. "A Program could not start.Please Retry". Has anyone seen this before
I checked the Group Policy settings on the laptop and all Remote Assistance settings are set corretly, and all Domain Admins are allowed to Offer Remote Assistance (of which I am a member)

Any help would be greatfully received.

Ask a Question