Windows XP ntldr missing

Reaction score
think i disabled somethin in startup menu or did,nt backup on ccleaner...?now xp won,t bootup and i,am getting the message ntldr is missing..any help and its not original xp i,ve been told i need a recovery disk...?

Reaction score
br2004ad said:
think i disabled somethin in startup menu or did,nt backup on ccleaner...?now xp won,t bootup and i,am getting the message ntldr is missing..any help and its not original xp i,ve been told i need a recovery disk...?

Sounds like you Master Boot Record (MBR) is corrupted, that’s odd why ccleaner could cause this issue. The best way to fix this if you have an original XP disk is to pop it in boot from the CD and select the repair console, once in the repair console type the and password if you have one if not then press enter or just enter Admin, select the disk you want to access. Then type the two following commands in fixboot and fixmbr. Now reboot the pc it should now boot into windows. Also make sure that the computer is booting from the hard drive and not from a network device.

Edit, if you dont have a proper xp disk you could borrow someones.

Hope this helps,

Regards.

Reaction score
br2004ad said:
cheers for that as its not origianl xp can i use origianal disk to boot up

I doubt weather a recovery disk would do this, I think the best way to fix this is get someones xp disk. You might be able to download setup disks off the net that might allow you to do this, but I am now sure, I have only done this using the XP cd. What type of computer have you got? What does it say on the recovery CD?

Regards

Reaction score
i,ve not got a recovery disk with it...i brought it from a friend who his uncle made up

Reaction score
not got a disk with this one,i have with my other pc put it don,t work i,ve tryed it...

Reaction score
I'm afraid it looks like the best solution is to buy a xp home disk. This would correct the issue for you. Its always good to have a XP disk around in case you need it when problems happen.

Regards

Ask a Question