ntldr is missing

G

I get a error message that my NTLDR is missing. And when I try to restart my computer in safe mode F8 I get the message that {windows root}\system32\hal.dll. needs to be reinstalled. What does this mean? And how do I correct this problem? My windows xp was preinstalled and have no recovery cds.

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Computer manufacturers who preinstall Windows XP are required to
provide a method to repair or reinstall the Windows XP operating system.
Contact the manufacturer of your PC and ask them what procedure to follow.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| I get a error message that my NTLDR is missing. And when I try to restart my computer in safe mode F8 I get
the message that {windows root}\system32\hal.dll. needs to be reinstalled. What does this mean? And how do I
correct this problem? My windows xp was preinstalled and have no recovery cds.

G

Hi, I've had this problem for the last month anfd no luck so far. You should have aCD suppied with your PC that has "Support Disk' or something like that. I have been all over the place and have tried to copy Ntldr and others to the HDD but nogo. If you can get into the repair mode of the XP OS, then you cn run, when its black screen and flashing " C:\> " fixboot or fixmbr. I am getting redy to fresh install. There is a lo of help out there. Try www.techrepublic.com and go to their Q & A. I've had good results here. Also, helpwithpcs.com. Don't despair. i fyou have problems, contact me and I'll send you all the instructions and files that I've used so far.

Ask a Question