Now You See Me....

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Yep, 'tis me back again :)
I got dragged away in the middle of my return last June by an unexpected hospital visit & am now taking a year off Uni to recover properly etc etc. So hopefully (touches wood) you'll be seeing more of me around here again :p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hey Ciri, it's great to see you here, although I'm sorry about the reason. Hope you are making a good recovery and feeling heaps better. :D :wave:

Reaction score
Great to have you back cirianz & hope your feeling better.:wave:

And always nice to have you around!:nod:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Nice to see you back, Ciri. :)

Wondered where you'd been.

Reaction score
Well hello there Ciri nice to see you:D :wave:

Hope your feeling better in yourself.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Hey guys :):):):)
missed you lot :) What'd you all get up to while I was gone?
Yeah, I did a bad one this time
Broke my ankle during a seizure & when I fell my foot got turned around so that the front of my foot was pressed up against the back of my leg. I came concious after the ambulance people arrived & I was looking down at the end of my leg & there was just this stump. It was creepy & scary. I kept asking them where my foot was but they wouldn't tell me, then they turned it back around so it faced the right way. I'm allergic to morphine & the like so they had to do it without painkillers.... yuck.
Then the Doctors set it wrong, plus the tissue where the bone was pressed up against the skin necrotised & it was all a mess in slow motion. I still can't walk properly, or for long :( but at least I'm off the crutches now :)
Seems a bit ironic really. I beat a broken back & learned to walk again... then got done in by a broken ankle!
I tried to finish the year at Uni but I'd missed too much & still wasn't well enough. It was a total disaster. Plus my daughter was the one who found me & while she's wheathered all sorts of injuries over the years with barely a blink, this one just done it in for her :( She says she nearly vomited at the sight :( And she couldn't cope with living here anymore :(
She officially moved out two weeks ago, but she had been trying to move out for months before. Unfortunately, because she was only 16 she couldn't get the youth benefit because there was no 'irritrievable family breakdown' (ie we still got on fine) & with this recession that we apparently aren't really having any more it took her this long just to get a checkout job. She had been living almost entirely at her fathers for several months before she left.
She's 17 now, & has a part time job working checkout & a flat with a friend of hers who has a baby & is only asking a very low rent in return for some general babycare assistance. And she is actually happier now in her new home than I have seen her for months :) I am very glad.
Miss her though.

She keeps phoning up to tell me about things that she discovered I had taught her when she thought she had tuned me out :lol: and has designated me a stealth-ninja teacher. Sneaking in learning over the years, despite her best efforts to avoid it.
So now it's just me & John & my son who's just turned 12. I suppose I'm empty nesting a bit, it all seems like it happened very fast even though it's actually been months since she first started leaving.
But with just my son here & me not at uni atm I am able to give him a better quality education than I was managing last year, so I suppose it all works out in the end.

Wish I could walk though :(
Or even stand for more than a short period.
Apparently I qualify for one of those disabled parking spaces now.
& the scary thing is that I'm thinking of applying.
I didn't do that even after I broke my back.
But, while willpower might count with the pain
it still doesn't make my foot move :wall:
bummer.

Ah well.
I suppose I had to meet something I couldn't beat somewhere along the line.
pi**ed though
I never do like to lose :mad:
stubborn b*tch aye lol.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
caution, accident waiting to happen

hello hoppie ... :D

:wave:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
lol :wave: Hi mucks :D

I was thinking "Hoppalong Kendrick"

With "High Noon" as the soundtrack :lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nice to have you back
nod.gif
It will be great to have some decent reading again. :D

Reaction score
I missed you.:blush:

And the place will now be a bit brighter for you being around a bit more.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thank you :)

( :blush: )

It's very good to be back life's not nearly not nearly as interesting without you guys around :p

Reaction score
Hi Cirianz, i dont think we have met before but i am captain zed and i would like to wish you a speedy recovery.
I am an expert on crutches too, lol. With a bit of physio you will jumping around in no time.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Thanks Zed :) Yes I think I did meet you back in june last year but I wasn't around for long so you probably don't remember me.

Ask a Question