Red White an Blues crack wide open !

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

Every year I plant(?) three hyacinth bulbs in glass water growing vases around early Dec. They usually flower at the end of Jan and as I have them on a windowsill in my small kitchen they fill the room with scent. This reminds and cheers me up as I know spring is on its way. This year with the cold winter I came back from York at the new year and found that all three glasses had been rent asunder by ice. Had to make an emergency water supply for them and luckily the bulbs carried on doing their stuff.I place various objects in the bottom of the glasses to add interest while the roots are growing and you can see them in the foreground.
A bit tarrty I know for a barbarian but hey everyone needs to get in touch with their feminin side now and again.

:p

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Abarbarian.

We grew some hyacinths indoors,some years ago now.And when they had finished we put them in the garden for the next year. They did come up in the following spring,but they were about twice the hight with only a few flowers ontop. But those few flowers did smell lovely. Keep at it and don`t worry about the femine side of things.
historian

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You poof :p

Hey, they're great :thumb:

I shall do that myself next year I think, imitation is the greatest form of flattery they say.

And guess what? I have that frog, the little green one. I like frogs, I got 'em all over the place. Which, in my experience, is infinitely better than having crabs all over the place :eek:

I like seeing pix like that :)

Mebbe I'll take a pic of your frog's brother here in SE London, lol

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Least I'm not a purple poof :p

Don't remember wher I got the frog but he'd appreciate a photo specially if its a female frog you have.
nod.gif

Them root tendrils were starting to look great, mixing in withe temple and frog, very artistic, was going to post a sreies of pics as they grew but will save that for next year if I remember.

:D

Ask a Question