Not all mail being received from Outlook Express

Liz

My email provider is Comcast.net. I don't use their mail reader but have the
mail delivered on my XP machines to outlook express. I've set up the same
comcast mail accounts on my Vista machine in Windows mail. Now the mail is
being split between the two systems - some goes to one machine and some to
the other, not duplicated. Any ideas?

Gary VanderMolen

If both computers are checking the same email account, whichever
one completes its email download first will make those emails
unavailable to the second PC. To fix that problem, go to Tools,
Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Advanced,
select "Leave a copy of messages on server." Depending on how
much server space your ISP allows, you may want to select one or
both of the two associated 'remove' options.

Repeat the above procedure on the second computer.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)