Norton

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
Installed 3 PC Norton Internet Security on 2 PCs and laptop yesterday because it was cheap. Read a thread last evening suggesting it was to be avoided. What are the problems to look out for?
Thanks in advance
peahouse05:)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Its to be avoided because its not that good and uses alot of system resources which slows down your PC.

If you look at most of the posts reporting virus/spyware problems in this section you will see that in the the majority of cases they were using Norton at the time - so not that effective then was it?

If you need to buy one then go for Kaspersky or NOD32 - they consistantly come at or near the top in independent tests.

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks Adywebb,
Stuck with it for a year so will post on any problems.
Cheers
peahouse05

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
To be honest I think you'll be OK - I don't see you as the kind of person who is going to attempt to view 'dodgy' sites or download virus ridden cr*p from warez sites.

Reaction score
I had Norton and it was okay... Very noticeable slowdown though. It totalled my processes to about 52 in the end :eek:
Like Ady said, it wont up to the job against 'dodgy' sites.

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks Guys
Thought the special offer for three machines was too good to miss so that is very reassuring.
Cheers
peahouse05:thumb:

Ask a Question