Norton Internet Security 2010

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the latest Norton Internet Security suite? In the past, I wouldn't have touched Norton with a barge pole after many bad experiences, however it looks like they may have turned a corner.

AV Comparatives shows Norton doing very well in the latest round of tests, both in terms of detection and speed of scanning.

I'm tempted to give it a go, but I don't want to install the trial in case it has the same problems that I found years ago - i.e., uninstalling it was a real pain!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, I'm confused as well as Norton were very good at one time but somewhere along the way they lost the plot.

A return to form?

I do notice their product is being heavily promoted everywhere I seem to look, they must be bungin' lots of companies some nice sweeteners to recommend their product.

All of the laptops in PC World, for instance, have price tickets with one price in bold including Nortons and a second price not so prominently displayed which is the laptop's true price.

Lots of people will fall for that, I wonder if they realise they'll have to fork out 40 quid or so to keep the protection going in 12 months time?

I'm wary but open-minded, my biggest worry would be bloatware and their software dominating most every aspect of your operating system.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have had a long standing with Norton products, when Dr Norton was head hauncho, it rapidly went down hill fast when he left ... 1995

It has taken Norton some time to catch up with opinions and actually produce a "product" that now works but the turning point may well be mute with us in-the-know.

AV Comparatives are an independent AV testing company that are well respected for being, well, independent. :)

1st place ... Kaspersky

5th place ... Norton

8th place ... NOD

I dunno where my free AV program is on the list :wave:

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
When renewal time comes up, I may just test it on my laptop and keep KIS 2010 on the PC for now, until I've tested Norton a little more.

floppybootstomp said:
All of the laptops in PC World, for instance, have price tickets with one price in bold including Nortons and a second price not so prominently displayed which is the laptop's true price.

I noticed that too when looking at some Netbooks - seems like a very sneaky way to bundle a product!

Ask a Question