Well I know the women up north are much more friendly and easier to get on with
that includes midlands women :)

Right I'm coming up there then..:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Some how I remember explaining this in another post a few weeks ago...lol

Terribly sorry old boy but as much as I try to have a photographic memory for all the forum members, I must confess to failing somewhat in that department occasionally :)

feckit said:
So your really a scouser wanting to get back to your roots.:p

Nope, not really. Apart from London I've lived in Cornwall and Kent for significant periods and have always returned to London. It just feels like home I suppose :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Okay this needs sorting.

Beautiful English Countryside..more Northern
Beaches...More Southern
Populas People...More Southern(ex Wales/Scotland/Ireland)
Friendliness..Northern
Chilled..Definately Northerners
Money..Southerners
Best Attractions..Northerners (Alton Towers/Drayton Manor-Thorpe Park)

oh who cares..we are all British ...

If we are not careful in future years these light hearted discussions turn to real hatred which in turn leads to Civil War that in turn leads to what we have today Russia and Georgia..lets act like Civil Human beings and live together..

Yeh maybe a tad extreme ..but think about it

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Best attractions - northern?

Without wanting to stir up a Hornets nest the South has Thorpe Park and Chessington World of Adventures, Legoland, The Eden Project and I won't even try to list all of London's attractions.

We are a very small Island though, just where is the border? Is it truly just North of Watford?

I will agree about the countryside though, Derbyshire, Yorkshire - stunning.

I think the North/South divide is mostly just friendly joshing, or at least I hope so.

In times of War we are all British, we all know that and we all know that's what counts.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Flops

Best attractions - northern?

Without wanting to stir up a Hornets nest the South has Thorpe Park and Chessington World of Adventures, Legoland, The Eden Project and I won't even try to list all of London's attractions.

Why argue about it ??? . If thats a case of retort then there really is a North/South divide

Reaction score
Funny how it doesn't matter where in the world you are there seems to be this north, south devide..In South Africa we have the same..Transvaalers up north, and Capetoneans down south

Reaction score
lol true say there's always going to be some sort of northern, western, eastern or southern banter!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By psd
Yes Mate
lol true say there's always going to be some sort of northern, western, eastern or southern banter!

But when does the banter end up in fighting ???

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
By Flops

Why argue about it ??? . If thats a case of retort then there really is a North/South divide

Yes, there is a North/South divide but one would hope most level minded folk don't take it too seriously and treat it as a little light hearted banter, I know that's how I look at it. I have time for everybody, actually, no matter where they from, until they cross me, that's a general thing of mine that seems to work well.

But, Mr Rush, you set the parameters setting out differences, biases, best-of's, even, so I responded. Even if I lived in Middlesborough I may have answered the same way.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score

But, Mr Rush, you set the parameters setting out differences, biases, best-of's, even, so I responded. Even if I lived in Middlesborough I may have answered the same way.

funny ..how you took offence to Northern Theme Parks though ..lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
By psd
Yes Mate

But when does the banter end up in fighting ???

Only when that rare species of homo sapien 'Complete arsolouss totally braindeaddius' chooses to make it so.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:

funny ..how you took offence to Northern Theme Parks though ..lol

You are assuming wrongly - I didn't take offence, I merely pointed out that we have a couple of good theme parks in the south. And a thousand and one other attractions.
I really really really want to visit Alton Towers and I will do one day. Everybody I know who's been does actually say it's better than it's southern counterparts, FWIW.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Very sensitive issue..and we are not Children ..but if these topics get heated now, then how does the agenda react in the real world ..me and flops did not start the thread ..we are just conducting views ...He earns my respect for being a British top man :)

Ask a Question