none existant unread posts

R

Richard in AZ

In this newsgroup, and only this newsgroup, my folder display shows an number of unread posts
(number in pren's), but there are no posts shown. I can clear the number with a the right-click
then catch-up. But in the next opening of this news group, and the deletion of all posts, a small
number of un-read posts shows up again. Today it is 10, most of the time it is 5 to 8.

I have the view setting to show all messages.
I have tried unsubscribing and then, after closing OE and restarting OE, I have presubscribed to
this newsgroup.
I have no such problem with any of the other 5 microsoft.public. newsgroups I watch, just this one.

Any ideas?

B

Bruce Hagen

Those should be messages not downloaded. They are what we call "ghost"
messages. Basically, the servers are out of sync and there is nothing you
can do about it. It's been going on here for a couple of weeks. Sooner or
later, it will clear up. <Maybe>

R

Richard in AZ

Thanks Bruce. I have come to trust your replies.

Bruce Hagen said:
Those should be messages not downloaded. They are what we call "ghost" messages. Basically, the
servers are out of sync and there is nothing you can do about it. It's been going on here for a
couple of weeks. Sooner or later, it will clear up. <Maybe>
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

Richard in AZ said:
In this newsgroup, and only this newsgroup, my folder display shows an number of unread posts
(number in pren's), but there are no posts shown. I can clear the number with a the right-click
then catch-up. But in the next opening of this news group, and the deletion of all posts, a
small number of un-read posts shows up again. Today it is 10, most of the time it is 5 to 8.

I have the view setting to show all messages.
I have tried unsubscribing and then, after closing OE and restarting OE, I have presubscribed to
this newsgroup.
I have no such problem with any of the other 5 microsoft.public. newsgroups I watch, just this
one.

Any ideas?

Ask a Question