No sound

Reaction score
Ok Guys/Girls we go!
Re: Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP tuner
Problem No sound the sound system is [on board Soundmax] MOBO ASUS A7V8X-X
Windows XP SP1
Have the newest drivers Picture is perfect every thing else is fine,
Wired to sound card [on board] to aux even tried wired to CD [on board]
Set up LINE IN –LINE OUT and tried all other combinations no joy all I get is a HISSSSSS disconnect wire from the on board connector and nothing so the card seems ok any help would be appreciated.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
On some TV cards you have to connect a sound out socket at the rear of the card to the line in of your sound card/onboard sound to enable sound.

If that's the case normally a short 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack lead will be supplied with the card.

It may be worth consulting the manual (the manual may be on the drivers CD) to find out if that is the case.

Reaction score
Hi!floppybootstomp
It is I how are you!
that card I put in yesterday? did not finish it until today fantastic picture records brilliant BUT just a hiss if I mute it that works [off-on]so it has sound and seems to be set up correctly I put a TV [portable] next to the pc to see if there was any inteferance and that works fine with the same arial I am really baffled by this I build PC`s a lot of the time and have never had this problem until now?????
Miracles I can do at once
Impossibilities take a little longer though.
try this link that is what I have in the pc as there are no line in-out jacks on the tv card.
http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/support/faq/FAQ_How_to_setup_the_audio_of_my_TV2000_XP_RM_111804.pdf

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Assuming you've tried everything outlined in that link you gave, then I'm as baffled as you are.

I'm suspecting it's a software setting you've maybe missed somewhere. Or - the card may be faulty.

I have a Pinnacle TV Card in one machine, no probs with sound, I'll have a poke around in that machine to see if I can pick up any pointers.

I actually only use the card for it's VIVO facilities, don't have any TV stations tuned in, but it picks audio up fine from external VCR in Composite Video mode.

Reaction score
Hi!floppybootstomp
have a look and see if I have missed anything.
Thanks

Reaction score
I have same problem. thought it was a faulty card so got it replaced and the new one has the same. Apparently it works in windows 98 but i'm not going to downgrade just for the tv card!

Reaction score
I know but it was only £22 with a remote. I'm going to buy the expert version which is £35. Does anyone know of any problems with the leadtek WinTV 2000XP expert edition?

Reaction score
brendan75uk said:
I got this TV card through eBuyer so am waiting for them to give me an rma so i can return it.

You should have a reply within 24 Hrs. if you don’t Ebuyer Tel 0845 114 5000;)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Line in isn't muted is it?

I have that exact card
no the sound was not muted:p
Apparently it is a problem ongoing with XP. It works on W98> ME >2000.

I have put mine into a W98 PC.

No matter how you configure it in XP you have to be very lucky to get it up and running [the sound that is] the picture quality is superb.:thumb:

You were one of the lucky ones:( .

Reaction score
I'm wondering if they're selling them off cheap for this reason (£22 for a card with remote). I Know the sound's not muted because there is hiss like you get when no channels are tuned but the picture's perfect.

Reaction score
brendan75uk said:
I'm wondering if they're selling them off cheap for this reason (£22 for a card with remote). I Know the sound's not muted because there is hiss like you get when no channels are tuned but the picture's perfect.

That point had crossed my mind, as I emailed Leadtek and they could not answer my question? On the fact it worked in all windows/linux BUT NOT in XP:confused:

Ask a Question