no sound

maeve

Hi, I downloaded this update from xp update C Media Electronics
Incorporation - Sound - C-Media AC97 Audio Device
C-Media multimedia software update released on December 15 2005.

and now have no sound. I have checked hardware/device manager/uninstalled
and reinstalled C-Media AC97 audio device as advised by help and support
troubleshooting, still no sound. In control panel/sounds and devices it
tells me that I have no audio device installed and there is no sound icon in
taskbar. What now? Help! Thanks

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi All,

It is so greate to see the experience sharing here. Please feel free to
post in our newsgroup in case you encounter any problems.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,and confers no rights.

Ndrocchietto.reload

Vincent Xu [MSFT] ha scritto:
Hi All,

It is so greate to see the experience sharing here. Please feel free to
post in our newsgroup in case you encounter any problems.

hi i have a nec-computer motherboard by packard-bell and a realtek ac
97,
when i buy the pc the audio work well, now my 64 pc don't recognize the
audio in system it appear realtek with !. help

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hi Ndrocchietto,

Since we are issue based support. To avoid any potential conflicts, would
you please open a new post and describe your symptom in detail?

Thanks for understanding.

From: "Ndrocchietto.reload" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Subject: Re: no sound
Date: 18 Jul 2006 10:31:16 -0700

Vincent Xu [MSFT] ha scritto:
Hi All,

It is so greate to see the experience sharing here. Please feel free to
post in our newsgroup in case you encounter any problems.

hi i have a nec-computer motherboard by packard-bell and a realtek ac
97,
when i buy the pc the audio work well, now my 64 pc don't recognize the
audio in system it appear realtek with !. help

ndrocchietto

maeve ha scritto:
sorry for my tremendous deley but i had find software for printing
hardware here my (friend) system) i hope you can address for a
appropiate driver:
best regards & Good Holiday

Main Board: pakkard Bell - Mod. Imedia 6701A

Main Board: Nec Computers Internationals Versione MPS 1.40 Modello: MS
7168 versione 1.0

SiSoftware Sandra

SiSoftware Sandra

Sistema

Processore

Modello : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+

Velocità : 2.19GHz

Numero : 3700 (stimato)

Performance Rating (PR) : PR3284 (stimato)

Core per Processore : 1 Unità

Thread per Core : 1 Unità

Cache Dati Interna : 64kB Sincrono, Write-Back, 2-way set, 64 byte line
size

Cache L2 On-board : 1MB ECC Sincrono, Write-Back, 16-way set, 64 byte
line size

Mainboard

Bus : ISA PCI PCIe IMB USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus

Supporto MP : 1 Processori

MP APIC : Sì

BIOS Sistema : American Megatrends Inc. 8.12

Sistema : Packard Bell NEC IMEDIA 6701A

Mainboard : NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL MS-7168

Memoria Totale : 512MB DDR-SDRAM

Chipset 1

Modello : ??? (1002) ??? (5950)

Velocità Front Side Bus (FSB) : 2x 995MHz (1990MHz vel. dati)

Velocità Bus di Memoria : 2x 199MHz (398MHz vel. dati)

Chipset 2

Modello : ??? (1022) ??? (1100)

Velocità Front Side Bus (FSB) : 2x 995MHz (1990MHz vel. dati)

Memoria Totale : 512MB DDR-SDRAM

Velocità Bus di Memoria : 2x 199MHz (398MHz vel. dati)

Sistema Video

Monitor/Pannello : Monitor Plug and Play

Adattatore : NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache(TM)

Unità di Memorizzazione Fisiche

Disco Rigico : ST3200826A (186GB)

CD-ROM/DVD : _NEC DVD_RW ND-3530A (CD 48X Rd, 48X Wr) (DVD 6X Rd, 6X
Wr)

Unità di Memorizzazione Logiche

Disco Rigico (C:) : 30GB (21GB, 70% Spazio Libero) (NTFS)

DATA (D:) : 149GB (148GB, 99% Spazio Libero) (NTFS)

CD-ROM/DVD (E:) : N/A

Controller FireWire/1394/Hub : Host controller VIA OHCI compatibile
IEEE 1394

Periferiche Multimediali

Periferica : Realtek AC'97 Audio

Periferiche di Comunicazione

Periferica : Smart Link 56K Voice Modem

Stampanti e Fax

Modello : Microsoft Office Document Image Writer

Risparmio Energetico

Stato Alimentazione Esterna : In linea

Sistema Operativo

Sistema Windows : Microsoft Windows XP/2002 Professional 5.01.2600
(Service Pack 1)

Networking

Adattatore : NIC Fast Ethernet PCI Realtek RTL8139 Family

Ndrocchietto.reload

maeve ha scritto:

[...]

my computer's sound isnt working. the things appear to play; yet i hear
nothing. i have tried every troubleshooting tip that there is, but nothing is
working! i really need help!

Will Denny

Hi

Have you tried uninstalling your sound card via Device Manager, rebooting
your and then let Windows re-detect the sound card?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Shell/User

Please reply to the Newgroups

please disregard the last message. i found it and tryed it, and it worked!
thank you very much. you were very helpful!

Will Denny

You're welcome - glad to help.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Shell/User
Please reply to the Newsgroup

Please reply to the Newgroups

Enkidu

I was going to make a weak joke : "Is it possible that you have become
deaf?"

Cheers,

Cliff

(who's hearing is not as good as it was!)

HELP HELPHELP!!!!

I have this major problem here! I have a hp laptop and from one day to the
other my sound system doesnt work prperly anymore. It makes sounds for
example when people send me messages on msn or when I start the computer but
as soon as I use windows media player or youtube or anything like that it
doesnt work anymore. I'm not very good with computers, but I definietly need
help! PLease tell me if u know how to fix it. AND: it doesnt read CDs anymore
either.
Thanks.

Hi

As suggested by maeve...a sensational answer; I had an identical problem on
reinstallation of win xp.
ie The device had a problem and would not start despite
reinstallation....(indeed I previously found if i updated the ac97 device via
windows update I lost my sound as well)
This package worked wonders!

Thank YOU