I am connected to the internet. I have a Netgear hub,
cable modem, and two computers networked together but
when I open programs like Internet Explorer I get a box
that says

"Work Offline - No connection to the Internet is
currently available. To view Internet content that has
been saved on your computer, click Work Offline. Click
Try Again to attempt to connect."

When I click on Try Again I get connected.

I can send and receive emails automatically, so I know I
am connected.

Is there some setting that could be causing this?

G

I am having the same problem in another form.

I have a LAN connection (T1) and MSN keeps bombing me with these Try Again msgs. In addition, the Help and Support selected from the start menu says " no internet connection detected".

I guess H&S only counts ISP connections as valid and because I do not have one defined so it blows up in my face...?

My IE sometimes says "Work Offline?" msg when the browser starts a new pop-up window when I am surfing so the connection is up and running.

I cannot find out what started all this, but it all started a few days ago. I definately do not believe I have a virus since I am behind our corporate firewalls.

Anyone know what can be done to correct this behaviour?

Arska

G

I have the same problem. What's odd is that if I switch user names (there are four on my PC), I sometimes have no problem. Even when I switch back again to my log in and try IE, I get that not able to get connection. Other times the webpage will pop up and say it's working offline. Doesn't seem to be any consistency other than it usually doesn't work right. I'm wondering if it has something to do with sluggish restarts and Norton System Works. I've read people have had problems since Jan. 7 where it takes two-three minutes for programs to begin running after start up.

G

Ditto. My problems started last week after downloading those nuisance patches. And guess what. If you remove the patches the problem does NOT go away. Wonderfull !

Ask a Question