nikon d70 - what lens should I get?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
silver said:
@ Quadophile,, I liked the first and the last pics, the colours are good in the first two and the last one could be an advertising shot, I don't spect scanning them in an shown at that size does them justice :)

Sil

I have the originals so I know scanning them really does not do any justice. Besides, the pics are linked to my gallery where large size files would be a problem for some due to slower connections.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
the neat thing abt digital is the amount of shots you can take,. I have a very high throw away to keep ratio ,,. if I was using film the amount of pics I liked would be a very small number! :)

Oh yes back in the 80's and 90's i must have thrown thousands of pounds in the bin, all my productive work was processed through professional labs and of every 100 shots 90 would go in the bin, too self critical i think but there you go..

But nowadays they got it easy if the first ones not right, recompose and start again.. Oh how i wish i had Digital back then....:D

Reaction score
ano plug ;)

the 70-200 VR is so good it's hard to take it off the camera :lol

all taken with said lens today :)

normal_bswan.jpg

normal_bstand.jpg

normal_legs.jpg

won't post any more inline - is some more (and bigger versions) @ http://oneoddsock.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=14 :)

Sil

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh they are superb that lens is the business no doubt about that...what was the shutter and aperture on that first shot Silver....beautiful ripple...:thumb:

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Oh they are superb that lens is the business no doubt about that...what was the shutter and aperture on that first shot Silver....beautiful ripple...:thumb:

ya know, I am still getting used to the lens,. and I tend to just leave it set on f2.8 because I like blurred backgrounds and even wide open it still so sharp,, I am starting to move it all the way to f4 occasionally :lol

techy stuff,. f2.8, 1/350 @ 200mm (tho the size of the ccd gives an effective crop of 1.5)

Sil

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Wonderful pictures I must say, I personally liked the last shot very much, very creative indeed!

Reaction score
yeah - more by accident that really thought out,. the sun was going down and the colours across the field I liked when I took it - but sifting through them at home it's got an uncluttered look about it which I like :)

Sil

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nice pix silver, good quality :)

In that last shot, I took the person for another tree trunk and was wondering what the lighter coloured section at the bottom was. On closer inspection, I realised ;)

Where were those pix taken? Kinda reminds me of Greenwich Park.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Those shots and others really are very good...and yes your the same as me in that i like the lens wide open so as to blur everything thats not in focus...some of my best work is to that category....:thumb:

Ask a Question