Newsgroup Readers

The Designer

Hi there, just wondering if there's a newgroup reader which enable me to
sort newsgroup into group (i.e if I put groups of software together),
instead of sorting them according to their servers.

Thanks.

Olaf Greck

Hi there, just wondering if there's a newgroup reader which enable me to
sort newsgroup into group (i.e if I put groups of software together),
instead of sorting them according to their servers.

Thanks.

Forte agent together with ago (agent group order).

But only free agent is freeware and it cannot handle multiple server
without workarounds. Multiple groups: yes of course.

hth

- Olaf

Ben A Gozar

I don't know for sure, but it seems you can make multiple instances of the
same server in Xnews and set each one up for the groups you want.

Not as convenient, but free....

Mark R. Blain

Hi there, just wondering if there's a newgroup reader which enable me to
sort newsgroup into group (i.e if I put groups of software together),
instead of sorting them according to their servers.

Thanks.

40Tude Dialog has at least three ways to handle this: you can put
subscribed newsgroups in any order you want and insert spacer lines to
organize them, you can set up "categories" of newsgroups which each
appear under a separate tab (my favorite), or you can automatically
move messages from multiple groups into a different group or folder.
<http://www.40tude.com/dialog/>

Homer.Simpson

The Designer said
Hi there, just wondering if there's a newgroup reader which
enable me to sort newsgroup into group (i.e if I put groups of
software together), instead of sorting them according to their
servers.

I'd recommend asking this on news.software.readers as well.

Gabriele Neukam

On that special day, The Designer, ([email protected]) said...
Hi there, just wondering if there's a newgroup reader which enable me to
sort newsgroup into group (i.e if I put groups of software together),
instead of sorting them according to their servers.

I don't know about some existing program, but there is one in the
making, and the author was asked to add exactly this feature, so maybe
one fine day you'll find what you asked for, on
http://jmodnews.sourceforge.net/

Gabriele Neukam

(e-mail address removed)