A general newsgroup question.

I didn't know where else to ask this. Since this is the most active group
perhaps someone will know the answer... TIA

I want threads to show with the "newest posts" at the top (from either a
complete list of a group or from a search). In the help section I find the
text listed below.. but there is no choice I can find with these 2 options
anywhere on the main newsgroup page. I see three main frames with the left
most having links to the various groups (within catagories). The middle pane
has the Thread lists and the right pane is a view of the selected
thread/post. Over the Thread and view panes I have a text box "Search For:"
In: (dropdown newgroup list) and a "GO" button. A header title with
New(question|general comment); reply; Show: (all threads|answered
questions|questions with out answers|threads with helpful posts). Then 2
buttons for print post and copy URL to clipboard. Am I on the wrong MSDN
Newsgroup page?

**Text from the "Newgroup Resources" link**
Sort threads in a discussion group
To change the order of threads in a discussion group, you can sort threads
by descending date according to the date of the first post in the thread, or
according to the date of the last (most recent) post in the thread. The
sorted list of threads appears in the thread pane, with all of the threads
collapsed.

To sort threads according to the date of the first post in the thread, click
newest threads at the top of the thread pane.
To sort threads according to the date of the most recent post in the thread,
click newest posts at the top of the thread pane.

Gary Keramidas

i you use outlook express. you can sort by the date in the sent column. this
will let you see all of the threads with the original post in date order, either
ascending or descending.

but, if you want to see the posts in order, but not grouped within the thread,
you can click view/current view/ and uncheck group messages by conversation.
this will list posts in chronological order, but not in groups by thread.