Newsgroup for Windows 7

+Bob+

I can give you a string of arguments for both sides, but it's irrelevant.
Fact is, no one will win this debate. Just because bottom posting was the
original usenet convention does not make it immune to change. If you want to
continue this specious debate, feel free to do so but it's pointless as
neither side will win. Personally, I've always found it best to just follow
whatever convention is used by any given group.

Then bottom post - that's the convention on the USEnet, where this
group exists.

A. It destroys the natural flow
Q. Why is top posting wrong.

Gordon

+Bob+ said:
Then bottom post - that's the convention on the USEnet, where this
group exists.

A. It destroys the natural flow
Q. Why is top posting wrong.

It's interesting to note that on most non-MS technical newsgroups bottom
posting is the custom - I think it was the introduction of Outlook Express
that made ready access to the MS newsgroups available to all Windows users,
and whose default setting was top-posting, that destroyed it on the MS news
groups....

Dave

ever

what

you keep on posting down there.... if it doesn't show in the preview box, I
won't see it.
;-)

Gordon

Dave said:
ever
what
you keep on posting down there.... if it doesn't show in the preview box,
I won't see it.
;-)

I was being deliberately extreme to show you the error of top-posting.

Gene E. Bloch

I was being deliberately extreme to show you the error of top-posting.

I have always found top-posting threads much easier to read, but I tend to
follow whatever the custom is where I am. I also believe that when I was
first on Usenet in the mid-80s, top posting was the norm. However, I don't
trust my memory much better than you do.

In these groups and some others I read that are not on Microsoft, it often
means reading (and replying to) alternating top and bottom posts in a
single thread.

But guess what: I can handle it.

..necessary when ,backwards talk even can I

Gordon

Gene E. Bloch said:
I have always found top-posting threads much easier to read, but I tend to
follow whatever the custom is where I am. I also believe that when I was
first on Usenet in the mid-80s, top posting was the norm. However, I don't
trust my memory much better than you do.

In these groups and some others I read that are not on Microsoft, it often
means reading (and replying to) alternating top and bottom posts in a
single thread.

But guess what: I can handle it.

.necessary when ,backwards talk even can I

:)

+Bob+

you keep on posting down there.... if it doesn't show in the preview box, I
won't see it.

Try using a real newsreader instead of a POS MS program. You won't
have that problem or many others.