Newsgroup for Windows 7?

Alias

echrada said:
As far as I know there are not going to be any newsgroups for Windows 7.
Instead there will only be forums, including Microsoft's own forum.

And that's due to the disgusting posts from Bill Yanaire, aka Spanky the
Monkey (etc.) and Frank. They totally destroyed this Vista group and
they would do the same to a Win 7 group. Just take a gander at the
replies I get from these two bozos and you'll understand.

Alias

measekite Da Monkey

Alias said:
And that's due to the disgusting posts from Bill Yanaire, aka Spanky the
Monkey (etc.) and Frank. They totally destroyed this Vista group and they
would do the same to a Win 7 group. Just take a gander at the replies I
get from these two bozos and you'll understand.

Alias

The truth is that there are retard posters who believe that this forum is
theirs to market Ubuntu which is an INFERIOR Operating System. There is no
reason to try and market Ubuntu here. NOBODY wants to use that piece of
shit.

alias.ubuntu.nutcase

And that's due to the disgusting posts from Bill Yanaire, aka Spanky the
Monkey (etc.) and Frank. They totally destroyed this Vista group and
they would do the same to a Win 7 group. Just take a gander at the
replies I get from these two bozos and you'll understand.

Alias

Yea, Microsoft just loves mental idiots to talk about Ubuntu in the
vista forum. NOT.
Alias is a major retard

+Bob+

As far as I know there are not going to be any newsgroups for Windows 7.
Instead there will only be forums, including Microsoft's own forum.

And how do you "know" that? Has there been an official announcement?
There are plenty of MS products or updates that lacked a newsgroup, or
an updated group for the new version, for quite a while after the
product arrived. MS seems to lack any real plan in this area. If you
have any specific information beyond speculation I'd be interested in
hearing it.

Chad Harris

James Matthews said:
Thanks now I will look for it within the windows live mail system....

Hi James--

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/

MSFT has chosen not to make any Win 7 groups available via NNTP newsreader
accessed by OE, Win Mail or Win Live Mail for reasons I can't explain, even
though they have had a public Beta for Win 7's Build 7000 since January and
next month will release a public beta of RC1.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to many people. I'm not sure what at
Redmond inspired them to only provide an NNTP group in Italian.

You'll notice no one extended their comment to provide an explanation.

CH

Chad Harris

echrada said:
As far as I know there are not going to be any newsgroups for Windows 7.
Instead there will only be forums, including Microsoft's own forum.

Echrada--

Please help me with the English here. How are you distinguishing forum from
newsgroup? I guarantee you that at some future point, MSFT will put up a
panoply of NNTP newsgroups for Win 7 in the same venue as here. I can't
explain why the only one thye have is going Italian. And with all respect
due, how could you know at any length. You stated "as far as I know." How
far is that? It would be the first time in a span of nearly 15+ years they
didn't put up NNTP groups for one of the the major pieces of software
Microsoft is known for worldwide.

I can't imagine that they would just leave a forum or group (call it what
you want) up with all the downside features of an html based web format. It
would be a first in their history, and it makes no sense.

There will be newsgroups available via NNTP for Win 7 and they will have the
same topics and probably more than there are now for Vista.

CH

Chad Harris

echrada said:
As far as I know there are not going to be any newsgroups for Windows
7. Instead there will only be forums, including Microsoft's own forum.

Are you getting your info from Ashleigh on Route 86 who reads palms during
the day and lap dances at night?

LOL what do you mean "as far as you know." As far as I know they would
never release an OS without a panoply of NNTP groups to support it,
particularly when the support in thhese groups is significantly higher
quality than the minimum waged butts in seats in the contracted support
mills in India. And this statement has nothing to do with whether someone
in India headed up MSFT Research at Redmond who Gates sent to India to start
MSFT Research India. I'm referrring to minimun waged, poorly trained
individuals hired because they are cheap where the support is terrible and
outsourcing is the name of the game. That's the reason many of us provide
support here.

CH

Levetis

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:27:45 -0400, Chad Harris wrote:

[...]
I can't imagine that they would just leave a forum or group (call it what
you want) up with all the downside features of an html based web format. It
would be a first in their history, and it makes no sense.

There will be newsgroups available via NNTP for Win 7 and they will have the
same topics and probably more than there are now for Vista.

If not, it will be easy enough for some enterprising soul to set up an
"alt" group (such as alt.windows7.general). In fact, I'm quite
surprised it hasn't happened already.

Grand_Poohbah

Alias said:
And that's due to the disgusting posts from Bill Yanaire, aka Spanky the
Monkey (etc.) and Frank. They totally destroyed this Vista group and
they would do the same to a Win 7 group. Just take a gander at the
replies I get from these two bozos and you'll understand.

Alias
Poor baby

measekite's psychiatrist

Alias said:
Really? How so?

Alias

Because you WHINE like a little baby with his diaper full. NOw go play with
your BONG and try and figure out how Ubuntu works! HA HA HA HA HA