Newsgroup error message

John Barnes

Each time I post a message to a newsgroup, after the first one, I receive an
error message. The error message constantly reappears with no way to cancel
it except closing Mail and restarting. I save the message in drafts,
restart and I can send one message either from drafts or directly from the
newsgroup. RC1 64-bit. The message is 'An error occurred while attempting
to display the Windows Live ID Sign-In dialog.' which I shouldn't need
anyway. Any solutions?

Mamamegs

John Barnes presented the following explanation :
Each time I post a message to a newsgroup, after the first one, I
receive an
error message. The error message constantly reappears with no way to
cancel
it except closing Mail and restarting. I save the message in drafts,
restart and I can send one message either from drafts or directly
from the
newsgroup. RC1 64-bit. The message is 'An error occurred while
attempting
to display the Windows Live ID Sign-In dialog.' which I shouldn't
need
anyway. Any solutions?

I don't know if this has got anything to do with this, but if I click
on
a link to a knowledgebase article in a newsgroup, it seems to go to the
live login (pops up in the addressbar) and after that I get an error
page like this?
http://support.microsoft.com/error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/default.aspx/kb/314060

--
Mamamegs.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
(Adam Savage)

Nederlandse nieuwsgroep voor Vista
alt.nl.os.windows.vista

(e-mail address removed)

Will

Yes John I get that error too I'm not sure what the cause is

And the strange thing is it happens even while I'm loged onto the NG

Steve Cochran

This is part of the new communities feature of the msnews server. You
obviously shouldn't be getting the error, but you can disable it by opting
out of the communities feature.

Go to Tools | Options and uncheck the option to use the "newsgroup message
rating features" (build 5744 text). Or you can right click on the Microsoft
Help Communities in the folder list and go to Properties | Windows Live ID
and opt not to use the feature.

It should be working, but maybe not in the build you are using.

steve

Steve Cochran

See my reply to John. I'm not sure why you'd get the error in the build you
are using. Its working okay for me, but it may have to do with whether or
not you have a "Live Id".

steve