news groups

Dave

Time Warner/Road Runner dropped their news server June 23.
I'm now using GigaNews @ $8.00/mo.
http://www.giganews.com/

FAQ:
I cannot access Road Runner Newsgroups or download articles?
As of June 23, 2008, Road Runner will no longer offer Newsgroups, however
users can subscribe on their own to third party News providers.

Why is Road Runner discontinuing their own Newsgroups service?
Due to low subscriber usage Road Runner has decided to discontinue
Newsgroups service as of June 23, 2008.

If I still want a news service, what can I do?
Subscribers can choose to use a third party service and purchase on their
own through that service. There are many providers with offerings, as an
example here are several providers:

* Easynews
* Newshosting
* UsenetServer

When is the last day that Road Runner Newsgroups service will be available?
Newsgroups service will cease on June 23, 2008.

mac

Walter Goldschmidt said:
Are there any other news groups out there I can access.

Walt

Hi Walt,

Go here http://www.motzarella.org/ it is a free news server, but you have to
register, and they send you the set up instructions by email so use a real
address to register, then use a munged address in the account setup process.
Any problems, get back.