news groups

Trevor Norris

I used to be able to view news groups from outlook (2003). Recently though,
the icon for the newsgroups has disappeared from my menu. I have followed
microsofts guide (see below) to put it back on the menu but the icon does
not exist in the go menu, nor any of the other menus.

On the Standard toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you
use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then
SHIFT+F10.), click the Toolbar Options arrow .
1.. Point to Add or Remove Buttons, and then click Customize.
2.. Click the Commands tab.
3.. In the Categories list, click Go.
4.. In the Commands list, click News, and drag it, without releasing the
mouse, until it rests over the Go menu. When the menu displays a list of
commands, point to where you want the command to appear, and then release
the mouse.
5.. Click the Go menu, and then click News.
Is there another way to get this icon back as I am having to use
outlookexpress to access newsgroups?

Please Help!

Regards, Trevor.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You were never viewing newsgroups in Outlook. You were using Outlook
Express. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in
Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to
Outlook Express. If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
button.

Trevor Norris

Many Thanks,

All is now fine.