Newcastle United SOLD!

Reaction score
So yet another English footie club gets sold to investors from abroad.
But is it good for the club & the fans?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
:eek:

I've been confused as to if it has gone ahead - a denial has been mentioned in the last few hours to stop the rumors apparently:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6182409.stm

I'm not sure if I'd rather have Hall/Shepart or whoever takes control next in charge - but I think I'd prefer it wasn't bought by a business group from abroad. What happens when the team doesn't do well or they need some cash?

Reaction score
Dont think i would trust Hall/Sheppard much at the moment, the chance to get £227 Million will get them to deny the deal is being done & when it is done it can be quietly slipped in to the back pages!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
exmoor said:
Dont think i would trust Hall/Sheppard much at the moment, the chance to get £227 Million will get them to deny the deal is being done & when it is done it can be quietly slipped in to the back pages!
Sounds about right doesn't it ;)

I'm keeping my eyes peeled on BBC Sport to see what happens, apparently we'll get £20 Million to spend in Jan if it does go through. We could do with spending that just on defenders!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Unfortunately its all the rage at the moment selling and buying football clubs...:(

That reminds me what do I want for Christmas this year...:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's been a few weeks now and looks like Polygon have pulled out of the NUFC race, but Belgravia are still interested. I hope it gets sorted out soon as it may impact the Jan transfer money!

crazylegs said:
That reminds me what do I want for Christmas this year...:D

So which Football club did you buy in the end :lol: :D

Ask a Question