New Sound card

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I am looking to build a new PC soon and want to know what would be the best card to get for what I am going to use it for. Basically I just use a pair of Logitec headphones whilst playing games and surfing You Tube. Not really interested in surround sound stuff as I did that with the last PC and never really used it to its full potential.

Any offers of a recommendation would be useful.

Gav

Reaction score
Hello,

I would say that one of these cards below would be fine.

I have this one. its a really good card and never let me down. :thumb:

Other options are below.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...y Professional Series 7.1 Sound Card - Retail

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SC-001-AS

Depends really on how much you want to spend on a sound card? any of these will be fine.

BTW, Welcome to PC Review
happywave.gif

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
What Logitech headphones do you have ?
I mean getting a decent sound card would be a waste of money if your headphones can't par up !

Reaction score
Headphones are the Clear Chat version. Nothing too special.

Spend wise I think £50-75 would do it. The last one I got was a Creative Platinium 5.1 think that had a remote control. Used the remote about twice and then didn't bother.

I would even consider ebay for a sound card but I would be worried incase it didnt work.

Are there others lurking around or do Creative have a hold on the sound card sector. Forgive the ignorance but I have not built a PC for years.

Gav

Reaction score
Hello,

There are others but Creative seem to be the main one at the moment so I have read on somesites. I would say the Gamer XI Blaster card that I listed 1st would be fine for what you are using it for it has diffrent modes for music and gaming. You could get it cheaper aswell I would had thought.

Also check out my theard on sound cards here it has a lots of usefull information on sound cards and what to buy.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Wiz

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
GMawston, welcome to PC Review :)

Sorry, but no free advertising allowed, so I've edited your signature.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
ive had a x-fi for some time now - it does what i want it too, and price is decent.

Asus Xonar is another good card- little more expensive but it works

Ask a Question