new pc shopping list

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
wizkid said:
With the cleaning stuff all you do is spary it on the top of the CPU and on the heatsink then remove the paste from the CPU and heatsink the apply the paste to the top of the CPU. Then you can use a old car to spread it over the CPU.
Things have a changed a bit since the old blob and spread with a piece of plastic method - the recommended method now is a thin line across the CPU then put the cooler on and twist slightly a couple of times and thats it.

Application Instructions HERE :thumb:

Yes you do need a CPU heatsink - and the Arctic Cooler freezer Pro you listed is just fine.

Reaction score
ok so let me get sorted here i get the 9600gt card which one out of those two do i order, it will defo run games at full spec like cyrisis cod4/5 ect and this lot will overclock which i anit got a clue how u do it lol

so no need for heatsink then???always thought they needed one?

Reaction score
Order the 9600GT Yes this will run COD4 and cyrisis ect. Its not that hard to overclock the Video card. I will post links on how to do this later once you have the parts and its all up and running. As Ady said you will need the the heatsink fan which is this Arctic Cooler freezer Pro.

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
ok got a bit confused there with the heatsink i get the asus 9600gt then as it seems to get a better review than the other one

Reaction score
rick75 said:
ok got a bit confused there with the heatsink i get the asus 9600gt then as it seems to get a better review than the other one

No problem it happens. The Asus card will do you fine.

Wiz

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Wiz - you maybe confusing him....its not a Heatsink Fan, its a Heatsink that happens to have a fan....a Heatsink Fan is just a Fan that goes on a heatsink ;)

Reaction score
cool thanks for the help i needed it ok whats the next step i order it all now should be here saturday delivery then work on it saturday afternoon

Reaction score
now you done me head lol i gonna order in a minute so defo got everything anit i??

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Wiz - you maybe confusing him....its not a Heatsink Fan, its a Heatsink that happens to have a fan....a Heatsink Fan is just a Fan that goes on a heatsink ;)

Sorry for any confusion mate.

You have got everything that you need. I will be around on the forum on saturday if you need any help with building it then feel free to ask.

Regards,

Wiz

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
rick75 said:
now you done me head lol i gonna order in a minute so defo got everything anit i??
I would buy an additional 120mm case fan to go at the front ;)

Reaction score
which one can you put link plz 3pin or 4pin?? what type ect should i have 2 and one on side then?

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You can have one on the side too if you want - good for cooling the graphics card when gaming.

A couple of these HERE will do you fine.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Well they attach to the case, but the leads don't need to go on a mobo header - just attach a power connector from the PSU.

Ask a Question