New pc build, good or bad?

Reaction score
Hey!

Need a new computer, so will soon be buying all the parts and building a new one.

It will mainly be used for college work (photography and graphic design)

Also will be used for watching films, music, internet and gaming.

So will it be able to handle all of that ok?

Also with this build having a 8800GTX 768mb card, is there any point in getting a Ageia Physx card aswell?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    78 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good choices except for:

Case/Power supply - go for a branded name(s) Antec cases are good, also Lian Li, Thermaltake and Coolermaster. Good PSU's from Enermax; Tagan; Corsair; Seasonic; OCZ.

Memory - generic ram is usually a bit naff. If you can find out chips they have on them post the make here and we'll give an opinion. Go for: Corsair; Crucial; OCZ; Patriot and other members here recommend Geil as well. RAM is cheap atm so not worth skimping on.

Can't comment on the monitor but for that price I'm not holding my breath for quality.

Ditto keyboard & mouse.

Review the items I've listed above and you have the makings of a fine system.

And unless you're going for quality components all round it wouldn't be worth getting an ageia physx card, you're better off spending your money elsewhere.

If you can afford better quality components and also one of those cards though, yes, it's probably worth getting.

Ask a Question