New MMO, Perpetuum, being released on the 25th Nov

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Perpetuum

you can get in early by pre-signup and get a head start on the 18th Nov :D

Not for everyone, but I quite like it, is where I been hiding for the past few days. ;)

Perpetuum Forums

:wave:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Perpetuum Online. Looking like an intriguing mix of giant mech action with the complexity of a sandbox MMO, this Transformers-meets-EVE hybrid is definitely one to watch out for.

The game is set to officially launch on the 25th of November, but players with early access subscriptions will be able to log in a week early.

We decided to get in touch with the team behind Perpetuum and get some information about the title.

read the interview

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That looks like good fun, judging by the trailer. I dare not try any MMO games, just in case I like them and spend too long playing - although some of the recent releases have had me tempted.

muckshifter

Reaction score
I'm hooked, but then I have the "time" to play these type of games, also, I find I can play the game. :D

I'm still looking forward to GW2 ... and free to play. :nod:

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the mechanical world of Perpetuum.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Did I just see a Dreadnought? (first 'robot' you see)

Attachments

• dreadnought.jpg
    dreadnought.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 566

muckshifter

Reaction score
no "dreadnoughts" yet Alf, we not got destroyers yet. :)

Deployment yesterday went very smoothly, some of the bigger game manufactures should take note. :nod:

There are/were "choke" points where everybody had to go kill some bots for missions, but the guys at Perpetuum uped the respawn rate so nobody was really waiting for their quoter :bow: ... hope they remember to reduce it one we all move on. :lol:

The "Devs" and game-masters were out in force dealing with the usual "I-can't-be-bothered-to-read" questions ... I've never been in a game where they were so on the ball

I / we all enjoyed the first day in the new world of Nia

... the Syndicate’s army made a breathtaking discovery: by hacking the alien civilization’s information system – reminiscent of the internet –, it could “infect” it and take over control of a couple of devices. The actual break-in was accomplished with tiny robots similar to space probes.

"The fleet of nanorobots took control of three local military bases, along with their respective robot arsenals. With the help of the small army taken by trickery, we managed to obtain command over a large area, where we conquered factories and laboratories enabling the Syndicate to begin the production of further supplies of robots using stolen prototypes. The success of the invasion plan lay evidently in the element of surprise. Beause the aliens have prepared themselves for another breach of their network, our conquest can only be continued using a local regular army."

muckshifter

Reaction score
aye, got my IV in, but actually on a wee break for a "hotfix" which will fix a couple of things ... one being implemented after requests for it an hour or so ago, wee colour change to who has "loot rights" ... if the Devs think something is a good idea, and is easy to do, they on the ball in getting it done.

... and yeah, I like robots ;)

should have time before server goes back up for to get something to eat ... what day is it? :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Preparations have now begun and the "server" will go live to the rest of the world in 2hrs ... think I'll have a bath, get something to eat, take the dog for a walk & twiddly me thumbs ... then again I may just pester the Tinternet for a couple hrs.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This probably sounds like a silly question, Mucks... but how does it work? :blush:

Are there lots of people playing through an ever changing game, where the people behind the game add interesting things in and create challenges etc...? Or is the "world" static, but people can decide to co-operate or do particular quests?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Perpetuum is a new sci-fi MMORPG that revolves around mankind struggling for power on the distant planet of Nia inhabited by robotic lifeforms.

Its main features are a persistent, unsharded game world, fully customizable mechs and robots with hundreds of equipment items, open-world PvP and missions, player-controlled economy, extensive crafting and industry, dynamically changing environment and much more.
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Features

It's static, but an open world on one server ... you can do missions, go mining, harvest plants all in the safety of the Alpha islands. There are NPCs to help/hinder your travels which you can, if you want blow the F of the face of the planet. They are also a source of much needed income & materials to help you buy "stuf" off the market.

Heck, there are people who never leave their Base station and just play the market.

Then there are the Beta Islands where, PvP is very much the order of the day ... you can still do missions, mine, harvest and get blown to pieces. It is possible to "acquire" you own outpost, however, and this will offer some sanctuary and you'll get better facilities to refine ore & plant material into much needed weapons of destruction. ;)

It's Eve meets Meck warrior, in a one shard open world. All this is the dedication of 10 people, and they are always online to "fix" things & are very active. Something I've never seen in a game.

... there is a lot of info/help from their main website. :D

I'm hooked.

is cheap enough to spend £8 for 30days access and try it out ... hope they do offer trials soon though

Reaction score
It all looks too complicated for me, but then I have just downloaded my first game BioShock.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds really good fun Mucks :D! I quite like how it's a bit of everything, damn clever how it all works :thumb:.

In truth, I think I'll probably not play it, as it sounds like I'd like it far too much :lol:.

bootneck02 said:
It all looks too complicated for me, but then I have just downloaded my first game BioShock.

Good choice Bootneck! :thumb: A very enjoyable game indeed.

muckshifter

Reaction score
today, I be mostly celebrating the fact that BattleAxe Corp took out our own station (Karapyth) on Norhop Beta island ... please visit anytime. ;)

Reaction score
bootneck02 said:

Bioshock was a great game on the xbox....you should really enjoy it. Its very quirky.lol.

muckshifter

Reaction score
HEY!!

quite hijacking my thread ... I have a ban button ;)

:p

Ask a Question