New Mail

Beemer

When new mail arrives my Inbox folder turns black but the Inbox column does
not show the message as the column is left at the last scrolled position.
I frequently use the "search in" facility so the new incoming mail item is
always off screen until I manually scroll up. Its a pain to constantly keep
doing this. Is there anything I can do?

Beemer

Beemer

It already is set for sort by date but as I said when new mail arrives the
inbox column does not get automatically refreshed.

Beemer

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
| Have you tried to click on the top of the column and check sort by date?
| | > When new mail arrives my Inbox folder turns black but the Inbox column
| > does
| > not show the message as the column is left at the last scrolled
position.
| > I frequently use the "search in" facility so the new incoming mail item
is
| > always off screen until I manually scroll up. Its a pain to constantly
| > keep
| > doing this. Is there anything I can do?
| >
| > Beemer

Brian Tillman

Beemer said:
It already is set for sort by date but as I said when new mail
arrives the inbox column does not get automatically refreshed.

What version of Outlook? What type of account?

Beemer

Outlook 2003

pop3 account

Beemer

| > It already is set for sort by date but as I said when new mail
| > arrives the inbox column does not get automatically refreshed.
|
| What version of Outlook? What type of account?
| --
| Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman

Beemer said:
Outlook 2003

pop3 account

Do the new messages show in the Unread Messages folder? Are you saying that
they appear in the Inbox list, but just out of the displayed portion of the
scrolling region instead of having it scroll automatically?

Beemer

| > Outlook 2003
| >
| > pop3 account
|
| Do the new messages show in the Unread Messages folder? Are you saying
that
| they appear in the Inbox list, but just out of the displayed portion of
the
| scrolling region instead of having it scroll automatically?
| --
| Brian Tillman

Brian,

Yes the latter. This is made worse because I have a problem just now with
the mail alert not showing the little envelope in task bar AND as I
constantly use two displays I am missing mail when it arrives.

Beemer

Brian Tillman

Beemer said:
Yes the latter. This is made worse because I have a problem just
now with the mail alert not showing the little envelope in task bar
AND as I constantly use two displays I am missing mail when it
arrives.

Alas, I've not seen this and I can't reproduce it. Perhaps someone else
will be able to.