    installed it
    again, as a backup program it looks pretty good.

    robin

    robinb, Nov 18, 2008

  2. robinb

    Kayman Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:51:55 -0500, robinb wrote:

    > in my trials I found an interesting called malwarebytes (free version)
    > at http://www.malwarebytes.org/
    > I tested it and ran it on 7 computers (xp and vista).
    > Works fine. It seems to get rid of windowsxp2009 and also uses very little
    > resources.
    > I have it as a backup to Superantispyware Pro (you can never have enough
    > antispyware programs)
    > It does manual updates and you run it manually.
    > I joined their forum to see what it was all about before I downloaded and
    > installed it
    > again, as a backup program it looks pretty good.
    >
    > robin

    It ain't new but it's the best program in its category currently available
    :)
    Direct:

    Kayman, Nov 19, 2008

  3. robinb

    Pat Willener Guest

    I installed and ran it last week, and I was pretty impressed.
    However, it found a false positive (in a program that I have used for
    more than 10 years), and there is a link to report false positives. But
    when it shows the website, there is no place to report false positives.

    Pat Willener, Nov 19, 2008
  4. robinb

    Kayman Guest

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:11:35 +0900, Pat Willener wrote:

    > I installed and ran it last week, and I was pretty impressed.
    > However, it found a false positive (in a program that I have used for
    > more than 10 years), and there is a link to report false positives. But
    > when it shows the website, there is no place to report false positives.

    Go to:
    'More Tools' tab and click 'Report False Positive'
    --or--
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/

    Good luck :)

    Kayman, Nov 19, 2008
  5. robinb

    Engel Guest

    Hello Pat,

    Here is the forum for False Positives
    <http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?s=0974269bdb3a46a442ff8ead7119a934&showforum=42>

    I hope you can use it.

    Good luck

    Ǝиçεl
    -=-

    Engel, Nov 19, 2008
  6. robinb

    Alan Guest

    I've been using it since August or so in all the PC's that I maintain for my
    family and friends. It found stuff on my sister's machine that none of the
    others -- WD, SAS, Spybot S&D -- did and cleaned it.

    Alan

    Alan, Nov 19, 2008