New harddisks don't boot when old harddisks are disconnected.

I AM THAT I AM

Executive summary: don't remove fixed hard disks after installing an OS.

Wrong-o. You've officially been tagged & designated as
contraproductive to logical assessment and within a state and limits
of stated objectives to empiricism.

Already did it & works. Perfectly perfectamento. Trx'd an OS from
one computer to another. Totally different computers, two different
model# PATA hard drives. First never saw it coming: "Hello, second
HD." Second: "Hello, first HD, datum established. A-OK, blast off OS,
god speed."

Trick1: why abovesaid congeniality is only at PATA level and not
subsequent to SATA, given SATA is provisionally supported within prime/
perfect PATA upon establishment of MB functions, all support drivers
[again, inclusive of SATA]. FWIW: MB-provided support SATA drivers
*are* required, per MB specs via provisional floppy drivers, to
install the OS;- since it doesn't, however, per se say (read the fine
print and KISS off) they can't be used to repair a SATA install *were*
those drivers removed, the inference then is one to find and identify
OS offender(s), preventing their usage, differently than had an
initial OS install, at the SATA level, been without incident and
successful. The latter aftersaid is but one logically of stated
preposition to qualify (I haven't gotten around to test sticking an
adapter for a Compact Flash formatted card on the IDE chain for a
"fanless" case system scenario, or similarly converting down a SATA
into a IDE boot devices, with the appropriate $4 Singapore adapter,
for as well backtesting).

I also have a machine here where I can remove drives at will and
windows still performs just fine, and that is on a drive that has a boot
loader partition, and two Linux partitions on it, and they ALL work ALL
the time just fine.

SkyTard Failing just cannot keep his grubby fingers OR his grubby brain
off the hardware his parents buy for him. So he fails constantly and
then blames everything and everyone except for himself.

Half the time, his pathetic attempts at a rant are filled with
non-facts about how things work, so he is full of bent perceptions in
that realm as well. He sits surrounded by an entire nation of folks that
are using their PCs just fine, but he still can't keep his grubby fingers
off things, so he ****s things up and then wants to blame anything else
other then himself.

He is the epitome of the definition of the word idiot.

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

I assembled my PentiumIII 450 mhz and brought it to it's grave(?)final
resting place(?).

Windows 7 is not meant for a P III box, you ****ing idiot!

Skybuck Flying

27. Dialogs pop-up while typing leading to dangerous situations.

28. Disc burning tool does not store verification/burn results in log file,
now I don't know what happened.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

29. Windows 7 disc burning tool is unable to verify DVD after the program
has been closed ?!

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Found this tool:

ISO Recorder... apperently it adds itselfs to the shell, and then context
popup menu can be used.

I am now making iso again from DVD so I can verify if the ISO's are the
same.

Now I quickly stop typing in case that tool displays a stupid pop-up too !
;)

(The tool had some lag/freeze issues at first but seems to be working now)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Indeed there seems to be a problem with the dvd:

recording has failed... blabla...

Two explanations:

1. Burn failed.

2. Download failed, embarcodero claims IE9 cannot handle 2+ GB downloads.. I
say hogwash to that... but perhaps there is some truth in it...

Well this is just great... more problems... just what I needed Microsoft
thanks man !

Bye,
Skybug.

Skybuck Flying

Unbelieveable, second burn failed too, or at least the verification didn't
start.

There is also a visual bar missing to indicate how long the bar really
is....

Is it too much to draw a fricking 2d bar ?!

Auto play seem to be running weird, dvd not coming out.

Another nice microsoft fok up..

It's like 50% of microsoft software not working, pretty typical.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Now the DVD refuses to come out of the DVD drive ?!? By pressing the button
on the front of the drive ?!?!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ?! WOW.

My next PC will be runnung ubuntu or so if this shit doesnt improve with
windows 8.

I will be running windows 8 in a virtual environment from ubuntu.

And if windows 8 is any good, maybe I will switch to it.

But from today onwards Microsoft has lost all my confidence.

And Steve Ballmer is apperently a douchebag.

He's playing with metro while his main operating system is full with bugs
and shit.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

A reboot was needed to get the dvd drive working again I think at least...

Now the DVD has been verified and md5 checksums checked... and the DVD is
ok.

So at least the burning went ok on the second try.

Kinda interesting how the top DVD seems to have a bad burn, maybe because
it's exposed to temperature swings a bit more closely.

Anyway now I can go test the latest knoppix 6.7.1 dvd english, to see if it
can use my motherboard's realtek PCIe gigabyte ethernet controller.

I am hopefull that it will since linux is supposed to support realtek
stuff...

So here goes, rebooting into knoppix live dvd ! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Success ! ;) =D

I am now very happy that I went through all the trouble of making this
knoppix live dvd !

It was well worth the effort to do it perfectly ! ;) =D

Knoppix worked like a charm straight out of the box so to say, straight out
of the DVD ! ;) =D

I went nice fullscreen 1920x1200, seem to detect my x-fi though I didn't
test it.

And it connected to the internet just fine !

The chromo browser was also kinda impressive but unexpected, I expected
other/more browser to be present.

No basic java support in chromo though.

But this Knoppix DVD makes me very happy ! It's pretty good for browsing the
internet/world wide web from a DVD !

It can also access all 4 drives without breaking a sweat !

So I could/can use Knoppix DVD to access my files even if Windows screws up
totally !

A nice comforting thought ! I might even consider installing Knoppix on a
harddisk, but there are probably better distro's.

Knoppix did seem a bit messy/peculiar in it's software pick but ok... for a
freeby it's real nice.

I consider this DVD as important as the Windows XP 64 bit DVD and therefore
I stored Knoppix right next to it in a save place ! ;) =D

This is one of the best DVD's I ever made ! ;) I am very proud to have it
too ! ;) =D

And I can highly recommend that all computer users make a Knoppix DVD as an
emergency backup ! ;) =D

Yeah for Knoppix ! Boooooo for Microsoft ! ;) =D

I even sing it's name: "Knoppi Knoppi Knoppiiiieee" ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

I tell you one more thing:

"KNOPPI MAKES ME HAPPY !!!" :) =D

That should be it's slogan !

KNOPPIX MAKES ME HAPPY ! :) =D

Bye,
Skybucckkkkk =D

Skybuck Flying

Oh yeah one more thing:

Knoppix would be even more perfect if it had a Free Pascal Compiler/Linker
with it...

I will probably definetly make a version available of my file transfer tools
or so for knoppix... it might come in handy in the future.. at least for me
and maybe for others ! ;)

Though for now I have no real other system to transfer big files to... so
for now it will have to wait.. but in the future, you bet ! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Yeah right like I installed windows by myself by pretending to be a
processor.

No can do buddy.

There is only one to blame here and that's Microsoft.

Bye,
Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Your claims are interesting though.

I do wonder if it was linux who caused you to be lucky.

Please tell us more about your installation experience:

1. Which operating systems did you install ?

2. And in what order ?

Me just two:

Windows XP x64 Edition
and
Windows Seven 7 x64 Edition.

No linux.

I think and am pretty sure, that your Linux saved you.

Or you got really lucky.

Also:

3. To what disks did you install what in which order ?! ;)

If you can't even explain that then don't bother trying because it's
obviously above your head.

The number of complexities in this story and these questions are probably
already enough to scare you off.

Now be a good boy, and go back to your lucky installation.

And leave these real problems, to real people, who really care about it ! ;)
=D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Yeah right like I installed windows by myself by pretending to be a
processor.

No can do buddy.

There is only one to blame here and that's Microsoft.

Bye,
Bye,
Skybuck.

Said the total retard that admitted in his very first cry like a
retarded baby post that he "may have" turned it off while it was in the
middle of an update. That can trash a hard drive, you retarded ****, and
THAT is OPERATOR ERROR, not operating system error.

It don't get no dumber than you are, SkyTard Crying.

Real bright, dumbfuck.

Skybuck Flying

"George Neuner" wrote in message

(Computer has 4 harddisks).

The problem is:

When the old harddisks are disconnected the new harddisk don't boot.

"
Did you mark the new OS partition bootable? Format does not do that
automatically.
"

You have never installed Windows 7 have you ?

Otherwise you'd know that these kind of "advanced" options are not available
from the retarded installation program.

Bye,
Skybuck.

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

If you can't even explain that then don't bother trying because it's
obviously above your head.

You are an idiot.

I am the one that succeeds at this time and time again on box after
box, and you are the one that fails time and time again on multiple
boxes.

I think it is over YOUR head, idiot.

I am doing just fine, and no, I do not have to explain a goddamned
thing to an uneducable dumbfuck like you.

So **** off and cry, boy. Do it in some other forum though. Your abuse
of Usenet is almost as bad as your abuse of your pathetic hardware.

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

The number of complexities in this story and these questions are probably
already enough to scare you off.

By all of your posts, which you have abused these groups with over the
past two years (or more), I'd say that the fact that you know what the
word "complexity" means and can write it, in no way indicates that you
have any capacity to handle any of life's actual, real complexities.

In fact, your posts prove quite the opposite. Especially that one
where you admit that you may have turned your machine off while it was
not only performing an HD write, but one that was in the middle of a
system update. And yet you are unable to connect the dots that point to
the problem you have being 100% your fault.

So, what you are is a very complex IDIOT! And nothing more.

Skybuck Flying

This seems like the most logical solution, however I am not sure if bcdboot
is available from the ****ing DVD... I don't think so...

I already tried to run bcdboot from the DVD but I think it wasn't available.

Fortunately I am now inside Windows 7 itself so it's possible for me to run
BCDBOOT !

And I just did:

"
C:\Windows\system32>bcdboot

Bcdboot - Bcd boot file creation and repair tool.

The bcdboot.exe command-line tool is used to copy critical boot files to the
system partition and to create a new system BCD store.

bcdboot <source> [/l <locale>] [/s <volume-letter>] [/v]
[/m [{OS Loader ID}]]

source Specifies the location of the windows system root.

/l Specifies an optional locale parameter to use when
initializing the BCD store. The default is US English.

/s Specifies an optional volume letter parameter to
designate
the target system partition where boot environment files
are

copied. The default is the system partition identified
by
the firmware.

/v Enables verbose mode.

/m If an OS loader GUID is provided, this option merges the
given loader object with the system template to produce
bootable entry. Otherwise, only global objects are
merged.

Examples: bcdboot c:\windows /l en-us
bcdboot c:\windows /s h:
bcdboot c:\windows /m {d58d10c6-df53-11dc-878f-00064f4f4e08}

C:\Windows\system32>bcdboot C:\Windows /s C:
Boot files successfully created.

C:\Windows\system32>
"

I shall now proceed with making the C partition active and disconnect other
old drives which are to be considered unreliable in the future.

And then I will report back if my system can now finally boot successfully
into Windows 7 without requireing the old drives ?!

Bye,
Skybuck.