New Hard Drive

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I bought meself a liitle toy today...a WD Elements 1TB Hard drive just to foolaround with and was wondering is there any particular way to go about formatting it or should i just let my pc do it as i go to use it for something, say saving stuff on it ??
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
:nod: Zzzzz

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi Folks,
I bought meself a liitle toy today...a WD Elements 1TB Hard drive just to foolaround with and was wondering is there any particular way to go about formatting it or should i just let my pc do it as i go to use it for something, say saving stuff on it ??
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you are goiung to leave it as one volume, well then just let your PC do its thing...If you are going to split the drive into different volumes, there are plaenty of tools out there...A few people on here use the same tool and will suggest the same tool...To me its down to prsonal liking, find one you like, one you find easy to use and go with it...But like I say, all depends what you want to do with the drive....:thumb:

Reaction score
Hey Captain, loadsa space then!

Yeahs Maxed is right, theres loads of utils out there like Paragon or Partition Magic, but it's really a case of what you want to do with the drive and then just finding the util you like, i use both paragon & partition magic and there pretty good for me, but if your just using it as the single volume, may as well let windows do some work! :)

Reaction score
Thanks lads,

I'd be a bit wary of paragon as the last time i used its partition manager it crashed and left me with a re formatting job to do....it frightened the life outta me and i theygave me no support ,telling me it was my pc's fault etc etc....the pc was only four weeks old...anyway i'll play around tonight and let ya's know what happens....thanks again

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://partedmagic.com/

An excellent FREE tool.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Thanks for the slinky link man.....let ya know how i get on later on or ron as everybody says these days....talk ron,seeya ron catcha ron and so on.
Thanks again

Ask a Question