how much would you pay for a refurbished laptop?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
well, I bought meself a very nice HP Elitebook 8540w. :)

I ordered the i5 M520 2.4GHz 8GB DDR3 320GB HDD, however, I received the i7 M620 2.67GHZ with a 500GB SATA3 HDD.
Also got the better graphics card, the Quadro FX880M ... proper English keyboard layout too. :drool:

Still downloading the 194 updates Windows had waiting for me, hope there won't be many more!

It comes with an unregistered copy of Windows 7Pro, will attempt to 'register' with MS after the updates are installed, no bloat-ware as far as I can find form HP, which is rather nice.

This is going to be my "test" system ... initially my Windows 10 test-bed. I recently bought a 2TB SATA3 external hard drive to backup, stuff.

Overall, really pleased with my new 'toy' and will no doubt find a lot of uses for it in the future. :wave:

the price was ... oh 'ang on, reboot time.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
right ... sorted ... well for tonight it is.

Had a wee problem getting MS to verify the OS ... compounded by my inability to read the prod-key correctly - twice! :rolleyes:

got an exceeding quick response from the seller this evening ... :bow: ... can't fault them one bit, excellent service, thanks Matthew! :)

time for another coffee. :lol:

oh, and there were another 46 updates, all done!

:user:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice specs there Mucks! Will be good to have a test machine to give Windows 10 a whirl without risking your main system :).