Hard drive crashed

Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry:The day before yesterday my hard drive died (RIP) hard drive. so off to Maidstone and Maplins yesterday and bought a new 2 tb drive and rebuild WHAT a pain in the bottom. Anyway back on the run now I hope I did not miss anything important:lol::thumb::nod:

Reaction score
We are getting there TC slow but sure.:thumb:It did come as a bit of a shock but the drive had been in use for some time and had various Operating Systems downloaded onto it over the years.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I was going to post a cheeky comment like " How many is that this year ", then I remembered it is 2017 so have to come up with a different cheeky comment like " First one of the year " :p

Reaction score
Sorry Evan to correct you but this is the first time that the electronics have let me down and actually I have been running Linux for just over 2 years. Now if I were running W10 now that would be another matter I was always crashing Microsoft's efforts and having to rebuild.:thumb::p

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Tough luck but at least you know how to sort things out. Maplins is a bit expensive for kit though you would get better value elsewhere. :cool:

Reaction score
Yes but I would normally order on line but as my PC did not work and I have no other means of contacting a supplier I was colloquially known as buggered.:cry:, I did think of PC World/Curries but they are the other side of town and Maidstone is a swine to get through in the middle or any time of day. At least I could pop into Maidstone and out again in about 3/4 hr. I do have a mobile but never use it (never think of using it) and really never switch the thing on also don't think it is charged. Never mind back on line now:thumb:. Not really a techie.:fool:

Last edited:

Ask a Question