New emails do not show in inbox??? Help Please

It is a brand new PC with a brand new Office 2007 small bus. edition with
Outlook 2007 w/contact manager. Using Outlook 2003 .pst file on network
server. When new emails come in the number shows on the left in the folder
but new email does not show up in pane on left unless I go into anothe folder
and then back into inbox.
I have tried the following (from researching the net):

1-no filters are applied to inbox
2-Windows firewall has outlook.exe as an exception
3- Re-did my profile
4- renamed extend.dat/views.dat/frmcache.dat/outcmd.dat to .old
5- ran office diagnostics tool

Nothing worked. New emails show up as a number on left but not in pane on
right until you go out and back in. Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

Are you sure you have all folders expanded in your Folder List? Are you
using Exchange in addition to the pst file? Check out Tools - Account
Settings - Data Files and look at the data file that is set as the
"Default". The default is where all of your messages will go. It's possible
you just aren't looking in the correct Inbox.

Tim

"Forced to be tech guy against his will" <Forced to be tech guy against his
news:[email protected]...

Rebecca

This has been happening to me too. It started about 1 -2 weeks ago and now
persists among a ton of other problems with Outlook 2003 running on Vista.
I have to use "detect and repair" several times a day in order to move from
message to message and now the emails don't appear unless you move in and
out and in again of an inbox even though the number and sound appear. Never
had any problems with Outlook on XP and have had nothing BUT trouble ever
since!! Anyone out there who can help???

Rebecca

ralfthewise

I also have a user with this same issue. She has a default install of
Office 2007 SBE and downloads email via POPS. Everything was working
fine until about two weeks ago and then she started experiencing this
behaviour. She claims she didn't do anything, it just started
happening. I have had no luck trying to get it to stop.

Tim