New category suggestion

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Whilst browsing around today, it occurred to me that we don't have one specific place for posting internet-related questions. These being anything related to getting/staying connected.

There are, currently, posts regarding networking, LAN, internet speed, e-mail probs, IP configuration et-al., posted under General Discussion, Hardware, Support and of course the various individual OS headings.

Occasionally, similar questions appear under several headings (sometimes because the poster is uncertain where he/she should post - or perhaps they are unaware that the question has previously been addressed elsewhere.)

Do you think it might help to create a specific forum, (such as we have for Security, Spyware and Virus questions,) for anything ISP/connection/internet-related?

Just a suggestion, my brain had its annual thought today! :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
my brain had its annual thought today! :D

You mean you have one EVERY year? That must put you in the top 10%. :p

However, I think your suggestion is a good one. It can sometimes be difficult to know which section to use. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had much the same thought myself t'other day oddly enough, when I started a thread about Virgin as an ISP.

Whilst I think it's a good idea to have as few categories as possible TC's suggestion gets my vote.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice one TC :). This sounds like a good idea, I'll add it tomorrow :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thanks for the votes guys :bow: I shall put my little brain-cell back into hibernation now! :p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's up and running now :). If you spot any threads that should be moved over, just let me know :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Good idea TC. :)

Ian, if i see any threads I'll be happy to move them over. :thumb:

Ask a Question