Outlook Outlook Today Error

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been unable to receive email from Outlook Today and I keep receiving this message.

Task 'checking for new mail in subscribed folders on () mail' reported an error. (0x800CCC0E). Outlook is unable to download folder (null) fromt eh IMAP email server for the account. () mail. Error: unable to connect to server. If you continue to receive this error contact your server administator or Internet service provider (ISP).

I've tried many different methods of fixing it but none seem to relate specifically to this problem and none have worked. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thankyou
Olesed

Reaction score
olesed said:
Hi,

I have been unable to receive email from Outlook Today and I keep receiving this message.

Task 'checking for new mail in subscribed folders on () mail' reported an error. (0x800CCC0E). Outlook is unable to download folder (null) fromt eh IMAP email server for the account. () mail. Error: unable to connect to server. If you continue to receive this error contact your server administator or Internet service provider (ISP).

I've tried many different methods of fixing it but none seem to relate specifically to this problem and none have worked. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thankyou
Olesed

Hi Olesed
And welcome to PCR..
To answer your question..Have you checked your router..Could be that some of your outbound ports are blocked and Outlook can't get through them..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've had this error before, and it turns out my ISP blocks port 25 - so I couldn't send using any SMTP servers other than their own. Changing the port to 45 worked in my case, but I suspect this is an unusual problem (but might be worth trying if your ISP is Be.co.uk or O2, as in my case).

Ask a Question