New car

Reaction score
I just bought myself a new car :)

It's a 1996 Peugeot 306 DTurboS (1.9 Turbo) in the 3 door variant, metallic blue and cool recaro bucket seats (standard fit)

Goes like a rocket and the torque on the thing is unbelievable!!

Dead impressed.

Need to get a new cam belt on though which will be a bit costly, and some new tyres but after that... i should be laughing :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nice one Chris...yeah wheres the pics dude...

Cambelt shouldn't be to costly....get some prices from a few different garages...

Reaction score
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3346/img7511ze9.jpg

There you go

Not the best pic as DSLR is at Nikon right now, but you can see what it looks like :D

I was quoted £199.89 for the cam belt, and 4 new Dunlop SP Sport 01 tyres are about £180 fitted

Also need to get a new doofer wotsit for the nearside front wheel... some kind of tie joint/wishbone or something so thats another hundred or two.

Will be worth it though :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
yeah doesn't look too bad a nick mate....How much you pay if you don't mind me asking....like the colour and its a D, I have a Diesel Corsa 1.5TD and its as quick as any 1.4i petrol...

Whats up with your Nikon mate...

Reaction score
Paid a grand for it. 12 months MOT... 84,000 miles got power steering, electric everything and front fogs :)

This is quicker than the 1.8 petrol 306 that my mum has, and as quick as any 2.0 petrol on the motorway. It will pull relentlessly up to 111mph which is the top speed limited by the gearing, allegedly :) 50-90 takes seconds, so impressed.

The chassis is based on the XSI so it handles beatifully aswell. Holds the road like nothing else!

I'll probably have it perfect by the time its cost me a total of £1600 hopefully. These particular models are quite rare and very desirable. Have an alarm system in the back waiting to be fitted!

The flash broke on my camera, so i sent it back :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The flash broke on my camera, so i sent it back :)

Sorry to hear that mate...

£1600 all in you say should be a nice little runner when you have all the work done then...Good luck ...

Hows plodding the beat going then, still must take a decent slice of your time up, what with Uni aswell...Hope your not letting to many peeps take the p**s by doing the washing up and cleaning the Kitchen..

Reaction score
Police training is the reason i got the Derv - i get attested on the 30th of next month and then start training that week.

With all the miles i will be doing, thought it would be time to sell the 306 XR 1.6i to the sister...got £900 for it :D

Uni going OK... lots of work to do at the mo... and its all sociology :( otherwise its the usual fun.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Lovely jubbly...

Anyway I'm off to bed mate...Catch you a bit later ...Take it easy....:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Nice car Chris - I had one exactly the same, same colour too - and it was excellent, the mid-range acceleration was fantastic :nod:

Very wise about the cambelt - should be done every 36K if I remember - and they are prone to snap if you neglect it on those causing alot of damage :thumb:

Enjoy!! :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Nice car :nod::thumb:
you wanna watch them mph though
I hear there's a lot of coppers out on the roads these days :rolleyes: :lol:

Reaction score
Here's my new car, been meaning to put it up for a while!!

Bodhi

Attachments

• FTO Front.jpg
    FTO Front.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 238
  • FTO Side.jpg
    FTO Side.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 198
Reaction score
Nice car Bodhi!!! Looks quick!!

I don't generally exceed 75mph on the motorway. You'll get away with 80, but i like to get decent miles from a tank!

I think it has been abused - we put new oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, oil etc etc in it yesterday, and the old ones were all disgusting. Don't think it has been serviced in about 4 years (the old fuel filter had may 2003 on it)

I doubt the cam belt has ever been done.

But these french diesel engines seem to be bulletproof!

Reaction score
Cheers Chris, you too.

Mine is the top of the range, its a 2 litre V6. 210 BHP. It drinks the fuel but its damn fast and fun to drive!!

Reaction score
Very nice!!! Bet it sounds good...

Might have mine tuned to 120 - 130bhp (easy DIY job by upping the fuelling and adjusting the boost compensator screw on the turbocharger) but we'll see, it's plenty quick enough at the mo and will wee all over a lot of cars on the motorway!

Just booked it in for some work - Cam belt and tensioner kit - £250 (ouch)

My overdraft will be getting a beating!!

Reaction score
Yup, it makes an amazing noise! ;-)

Maybe we should arrange a race! haha.

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Racing on the Highway is illegal & dangerous, It's also a criminal offence under The Road Traffic Act.
Which gives the Police powers to confiscate & crush the cars of those taking part!!!!
Just thought i would mention that;)
Oh and PC Postill will soon get to learn all about this
nod.gif

Blimey i'm starting to sound like an old miserable git:lol:

Last edited:
Reaction score
bodhi said:
Yup, it makes an amazing noise! ;-)

Sure - find an old disused airstrip or something :)

Wouldn't be suprised if mine could keep up with yours from about 50mph - 100mph...(derv territory) then i'm sure you would leave me for dead!

P.s. thanks guys :)