Network drives remain disconnected with "?" (inaccessable)

G

Hello

I cannot access anymore mapped Network drives in WinXP Pro, connecting to a Windows 2000 Server domain. Even if I disconnected all mapped Network drives, they still remain in Explorer / My Workplace with a "?", unaccessable
During restart, the Login script of the Server is running properly, but the drive will not be re-mapped again, but just remai
disconnected with that "?". If I try to manually disconnect a Network drive I get the message "There are no shares to disconect". Unfortunately, I cannot find any related documents in the Knowledge-Base. Does anyone maybe has some experience (or the same problem) on this? How can I remove these "?" mapped entries
By the way: If I type in the share command directly (\\servername\share) it works perfect! So the connection is ok at all.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Frank

G

Hi again I almost forgot
There's a knowledge base article on how media sense for TCP/I
i.e. the status of mapped drives being cached or displaying incorrectl
It is very informativ

Q239924

G

Hi Fran
Roght click my computer and left click manage
Check the shares option to properly diagnose if any ghost shares are still present
If any network resource was installed or accessed like databases, home folders, etc...it might be looking at that t
reconnect and failing. Check if the admin shares still exist, this is quite important
Can you ping or trace or UNC into the remote locations you wish to map to
If you are using DNS, you might want to use a ipconfig /flushdns and after that ipconfig /registerdns
First off is to verify network accesibility and make sure logon is not caching

Good Luck

Ask a Question