Network Archive Issue

J

Joe

I'm trying to resolve an issue with my CEO's tablet and am reaching out to you all for a solution as I'm at a loss of what to do at this point. Thanks in advance.

The CEO's using Outlook 2003 and communicating with our exchange server in the data center. He has an archive that he created that sits on his private file share on the network (I'll call it his F: drive). I've permanently mapped his F: drive on his XP Tablet Edition system. I opened the Archive folder within his Outlook client with no issues and the CEO could move files over to it as he saw fit. What happens is when he takes his tablet to another location (home or another company location) he still has an archive folder in his folder list, but it is empty and points towards a folder on his local hard drive that previously didn't exist. He keeps losing this folder every time he moves to a different location (coming off and returning to the network).

His Outlook client is creating an archive folder on the local machine and not re-establishing the connection to his network archive folder. He has to go back into the client and open the archive folder manually. I thought that it created a folder by default because it couldn't open the folder on the F: drive. So, I checked and confirmed that the network drive connection was re-establishing as expected.

I'm stuck at this point. I want him to have his proper archive folder available every time he is on the network. Any thoughts?

D

DL

If you mean you are connecting to a pst data file on a network, this is not
supported by MS as it can lead to corruption, pst files should be stored on
the local PC

Ask a Question