.Net framework 1.1 2 and 3

Paul

Do u have to install 2 and 1.1 beforehand?

Before .Net Framework 3?

Last time I installed 2, something that needed 1.1
wouldnt work because it wasn't installed.

(I thought 2 may have had the files required for 1.1). Obviously I was
wrong!

And I couldnt install 1.1 after I had installed 2.

I had to reformat!

Any info appreciated

Thanx

Alex Meleta

The .NET Framework 3.0 includes the .NET Framework 2.0 components and
doesn't include 1.1.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa663314.aspx

WBR, Alex Meleta
[http://devkids.blogspot.com/]

Posted At: Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:03 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework
Conversation: .Net framework 1.1 2 and 3
Subject: .Net framework 1.1 2 and 3

Do u have to install 2 and 1.1 beforehand?

Before .Net Framework 3?

Last time I installed 2, something that needed 1.1
wouldnt work because it wasn't installed.

(I thought 2 may have had the files required for 1.1). Obviously I was
wrong!

And I couldnt install 1.1 after I had installed 2.

I had to reformat!

Any info appreciated

Thanx

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

When you install 2.0, it will, by default, take over the web server. This is
most likely why you are having problems. you can overcome this in 1.1 by
setting up separate app pools and running the 1.1 apps in the 1.1 pool and
the 2.0 in the 2.0 pool.

Beyond that 1.1 and 2.0 run completely side by side.

3.0 is an extension of 2.0, so you have to install it after 2.0. 3.5, which
comes out with Orcas, will be the same way.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!