.Net CF 2003 Pocket PC application will run on Windows Mobile 5.0

I have developed a Pocket PC application using .Net 2003 which is for Pocket
PC 2002. I have used SQL CE 2.0 in my application.

I had a query that, will my application run successfully on the Windows
Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC?? If not, then what changes will be required for this??

Ginny Caughey [MVP]

Yes, an app developed for a PocketPC using CFv1 and SQL CE 2.0 should be
able to run on WM 5.0. You can test this yourself in the emulator. If your
app isn't designed to respond to orentation changes yet, you'll want to make
it orientation aware. And your app would run maybe twice as fast if you
migrated it to CFv2 and SQL Mobile.

--
Ginny Caughey
..NET Compact Framework MVP

"Thanks, Bhupali.(India)" <Thanks,
Bhupali.(India)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Thanks Ginny for your help.
Tell me one more thing, from where could I download the Windows Mobile 5.0
Emulator to test my application?? I have searched a lot but I couldn't find
the proper link.

One more thing, what is the meaning of Orientation changes?? I am not
getting this properly. Could you please elaborate it.

Once again Thanks.

Kind Regards & Thanks ,
Bhupali.(India)

Lonifasiko

I think in order to run the different emulators you need to download
and install Windows Mobile 5.0:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...f2-f524-4ec5-9155-717cbe5d25ed&displaylang=en

If you want localized emulator images, you've got them here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E3-C129-4C25-ABAA-18E8E842178F&displaylang=en

By making your application orientation aware, means you should consider
screen orientation changes that the user can make to PocketPC's running
Windows Mobile 2003 SE and above. Take a look at this two nice
articles:

1.-
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...nppcgen/html/screen_orientation_awareness.asp

2.-