need help

Reaction score
i'm having a problem because i want to make a computer and i'm going to buy the (AMD 64 x2 4200+ for socket 939) but i don't know if the motherboard that i chose to buy would work on it. ( i haven't bought any of the parts yet so don't worry i wanted to know before buying) i wanted to know if this motherboard works on this type of processor because the specifications only say (Socket 939 for AMD Athlon 64FX / Athlon 64 / Athlon 64 X2
AMD Cool 'n' Quiet) on the CPU Spec. the name of the motherboard is (Asus A8N-SLI SE nForce4 SLI Athlon 64(FX)/64 X2 Dual-Core Skt939 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, Serial ATA Retail) can somone please tell me if it would work with the AMD 64 X2 4200+ please?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
your neighbour needs to do some reading before passing on his 'knowledge', the board will be fine the Asus website says it is compatible with X2 processors so how he can say it wont work is stupid
confused.gif

oh and welcome to the site
hello.gif

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... see my reply in your 'welcome' thread.

;)

Reaction score
thanks guys. one more thing which video card should i put in and what type of Ram should i put in it. i know that it can hold 4 GB but what type. and which video card is good to play final fantasy 11? does this type of motherboard use serial ATA or Ultra ATA?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you want DDR RAM not the new DDR2 RAM and looking at the game requirements you'll want 1GB of it, graphics card wise a 6600GT would be good or an X800 GTO

also the motherboard supports both Ultra ATA and Serial ATA

Ask a Question