hey everyone

Reaction score
hey every one my name is Jonathan(BladeWarrior) and i'm new to this.

i want to learn all about computers like how to program a computer to have duel bio's and how to build a computer. currently i'm having a problem because i want to make a computer and i'm going to buy the (AMD 64 x2 4200+ for socket 939) but i don't know if the motherboard that i chose to buy would work on it. ( i haven't bought any of the parts yet so don't worry i wanted to know before buying) i wanted to know if this motherboard works on this type of processor because the specifications only say (Socket 939 for AMD Athlon 64FX / Athlon 64 / Athlon 64 X2
AMD Cool 'n' Quiet) on the CPU Spec. the name of the motherboard is (Asus A8N-SLI SE nForce4 SLI Athlon 64(FX)/64 X2 Dual-Core Skt939 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, Serial ATA Retail) can somone please tell me if it would work with the AMD 64 X2 4200+ please?

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Hi Blade

Welcome to PC Review. Hope you have a good time with us :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hello and welcome Jonathan.
happywave.gif

In answer to your question, yes.
nod.gif

:)

Reaction score
V_R how do you know

sorry for questioning you but i want some proof because i'm new at this. my next door naibor built his computer and he should know. he told me that the processor would be too powerful for the motherboard. this is my first custom computer and i don't want it to burn to ashes. can you please tell me if it works.

P.S: sorry for questioning you but i want to learn from this. what can you tell me that says that it can hold this type of processor.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome :)

if you wanted proof as such, why not try to google: AMD 64 X2 4200+ in a Asus A8N-SLI SE nForce4 SLI Athlon 64(FX)/64 X2 Dual-Core Skt939 DDR ATX Motherboard, or something along those lines, and you should then see for yourself mb's with dual processors inside.

However i would take V_R's word for it :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. :thumb:

my next door naibor built his computer and he should know. he told me that the processor would be too powerful for the motherboard
Well, you can tell your neighbor that he is wrong ... you want "proof" then use Google ... if you don't trust one of our Mods to steer you in the right direction then you may as well go find another forum.
nod.gif

... it also supports AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU
http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=789&l1=3&l2=15&l3=148

Now, is that 'proof' enough or would you like phone and ask them ...

:rolleyes:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
The Motherboard is fine..as long as the person fitting the parts knows what he or she is doing ;)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Welcome to pcreview:D

maybe when that system is up and running you could join our team of crunchers:Dthat would be a great system for boinc:thumb:

I have an asus skt 939 board not as fancy as that one and it works with my dual core so that one will definately work!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i just replied to your other thread with my answer but it looks like the others have already coverd it

and welcome again
hello.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
BladeWarrior said:
sorry for questioning you but i want some proof because i'm new at this. my next door naibor built his computer and he should know. he told me that the processor would be too powerful for the motherboard
laughingsmiley.gif

Well thats the last time i'd listen to him!

I double checked with the Asus web site before i posted my original reply, The same link Mucks posted infact.

Do yourself a favour and ask us and NOT your neighbor for advice next time!
nod.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ok OK ... enough!

I think BladeWarrior may have got the point by now ... we must be more polite to "guests" that visit our humble abode ...
happywave.gif

:D

Reaction score
mods & rockers

muckshifter said:
Welcome to the forums. :thumb:
if you don't trust one of our Mods to steer you in the right direction then you may as well go find another forum.
nod.gif

:rolleyes:
So are you telling me that You & V_R are Mods then? Never liked those bikes you ride around on, why do you need so many mirrors? And whats with having a target on your back, are you all in the RAF then:confused:

Reaction score
thanks everyone i have checked it with the asus company and they said that it would work. thanks again. so that means that when they put that it works for athlon 64/64 x2/Fx it means that it works wiith all of them right.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hiya Blade Warrior, welcome to PCR :)

After you've fitted the dual core CPU to that motherboard and you power up for the first time, if the motherboard explodes and you take out the main circuit breaker where you live, you best go kneel at your neigbour's feet, knowing they were right.

Making the wrong choice of CPU/motherboard may also attract a horde of Rats and make you undesirable at the local golf club, so beware.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Hiya Blade Warrior, welcome to PCR :)

After you've fitted the dual core CPU to that motherboard and you power up for the first time, if the motherboard explodes and you take out the main circuit breaker where you live, you best go kneel at your neigbour's feet, knowing they were right.

Making the wrong choice of CPU/motherboard may also attract a horde of Rats and make you undesirable at the local golf club, so beware.
Er:confused:

Ask a Question