Need help with ActiveX controls

G

Just started getting this error several days ago:

"Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly"

Seems to only happen when I am browsing eBay, and then only in certain categories.

I have checked and reset (and double-checked and reset) my security settings, but I am still getting the same problem.

Does anyone have a solution/fix?

Thanks!

G

Open internet options,security,click on an icon,then set to default,do the
same for the rest of them.

G

Thanks for your reply, but I have already reset all security to default and lower; I have enabled all ActiveX componets in Internet Options as well. The problem persists...

G

issue resolved...when a page caused the Activex warning, I clicked on the "privacy Report" icon at the bottom of my browser window and discovered that some sources on some sites were on my restricted list. I removed them from the restricted list -- problem solved.

G

An addendum to my solution: I use Spyware Blaster as well; for eBay, I had to DISABLE protection for most doubleclick.com entries in Spyware Blaster in order for the pages to display without the Activex security warning.

Ask a Question