Need 2.1 PC Speaker Recommendation From Pro?

Reaction score
I am mid process of building a high end pc; overclocked quad core k i7; 2x cross-firing Radeon 6970s; 2x 60GB SSDs running in raid 0; 2x 4GB vengeance RAM. It's gunna be like sh*t off a shovel :lol:, and I've got a 1080p 32" screen to view it all on, but I need a good 2.1 system to compliment the epic visuals.

The speakers I have at the moment are crappy £5 1s that came with a computer 10 years ago, so I desperately need an upgrade :D. They will mainly be used for gaming, and general pc usage (youtube, music), I really want a great sound with good bass but have a tight budget as the person I am building it with doesn't think speakers are an important part of the experience :/.

(I've done internet comparisons but it's been a nightmare!)

£40 - £60, Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Hi Kiccorro tou have probobly got your speakers now but just in case here is a coppy of a review I posted on the site some months ago:-

Having to downsize from a 5.1 system as I am moving house I was looking for a 2.1 system I bought these. The sound reproduction is crisp, precise and accurate the bass is controllable for which ever medium is playing which is important to me as I listen to music (many genres Rock to classical) whilst working on the PC. Although they are 35 watt they are LOUD and having them in a small room have not been able to have them at full volume, well only once and had to turn them down very quickly.
The control panel is very simple on/off switch, volume control, base control and a phones port, the only problem is that the unit is quite light and is liable to fall over.
The two speakers can be mounted on a wall or on a desk as they have detachable feet(no screws clip fit) and the base unit is not to large and esthetically the system is pleasing to the eye.
The system is easy to set up with ample cable's and easy to follow instructions and only took me literally 5min to set up.

Pros: Sound reproduction better than many over £100, esthetically pleasing, easy set up. Ideal for audiophiles with a budget, Price £46/60 from on line retailers, also ideal for laptops
Cons: Light control box.

product-6214619.jpg

Reaction score
For that budget you are not going to have many choices. Have you considered going with headphones? There are a lot of great sounding headphones that are pro quality in that price range. For PC, I prefer my Bose (out of your price range), but I've used Koss headphones for years as well and they sound great as well.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kiccorro has left the building, one post 4 months ago and gone without the courtesy of responding to the replies he/she received.

Which pretty much makes any more contributions to this thread pointless :)

Reaction score
Hey, sorry, I never actually ended up getting any (the guy I built it with is a bit of a dick).
I forgot to respond as I never purchased anything, but I think I'll just get some Razer Carcharias in preparation for BF3 ^-^, you're right CHANBE I don't think the speakers would be the best idea.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, I did look into them

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh bugger, I didn't actually think we'd see you again Kiccorro, sorry about me saying that courtesy thing ;)

The Corsair speakers I linked to above can now be had for less than £40 at Scan and they sound very good indeed, I bought some myself.

Ask a Question